World of Tanks puts players in command of their very own World War 2 era battle tank. WoT is a team-based game where two sides of up to thirty players each compete to destroy all opposing vehicles. With 150 combat vehicles of American, French, German, British, Soviet, or Chinese design, World of Tanks offers an in-depth gaming experience. The publishers promise a historically accurate setting and action-oriented gameplay. RPG elements also make an appearance, as players will be able to upgrade their tanks with new parts and crew members. New recruits start with a light German or Soviet tank, but after accumulating experience and credits, they will be able to upgrade to heavier models. Additionally, it will be possible to upgrade individual parts such as turrets, chassis, engines, guns, radios, and ammunition types.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Aug 12, 2010
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Wargaming
- Publisher: Wargaming
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Shooter, Strategy
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Over 150 armored vehicles to command.
- +Historically accurate tanks of American, French, German, British, Soviet, and Chinese design.
- +Easy to learn, simple gameplay.
- -No single player or PvE modes.
- -Cash shop advantage.
- -Repetitive gameplay.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 2000 / XP /Vista / 7
- CPU: Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz
- RAM: 2 GB RAM
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT / ATI Radeon X1600
- HDD: 5 GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- MTG to Acquire the Majority Stake in ESL
- Under the terms of the acquisition agreement, MTG will acquire the majority of the outstanding shares of Turtle Entertainment for € 78 million
- MMORPGs in China
- Even though free to play MMOs are getting more and more popular in North America and Europe, they're still nothing compared to China.
- Cannon Brawl Launch Review
- While Cannon Brawl may feel like a relatively simple title at first, I genuinely feel there is a lot to offer in this game.