Dark Orbit is a popular space based browser MMORPG by Bigpoint. Like all of Bigpoint’s games, Dark Orbit is a heavily PvP oriented game. The first few zones are safe areas but the rest of the galaxy is a free for all.
Three powerful mining corporations can’t seem to divide the galaxy between themselves and continue to wage perpetual war against each other. New players are asked to chose which of these corporations they wish to join. Each has a different attitude towards their place in the galaxy. Switching factions is possible but not without a stiff cost. The three Mining Corporations are:
Mars Mining Operation – Profit seeking opportunists.
Earth Industries Corporation – Believe in commitment to the company and shared goals.
Venus Resources Unlimited – Their mission statement includes protecting the galaxy and caring for their employees.
- Status: Released
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Bigpoint
- Publisher: Bigpoint
- Category: Browser
- Genre(s): 2D, MMO, Sci-Fi, Shooter
- Platforms: PC
- +No download or install required
- +Large player base
- +Open PvP and faction wars
- -Repetitive graphics and gameplay
- -Boring Quests
- -Cash shop is very much pay-to-win
- Recommended System Requirements: Flash version 9.0 or greater required.
- Description: Dark Orbit Reloaded is a 2D Sci-Fi MMORPG played right on your web browser. While it lacks sophisticated graphics, Dark Orbit offers a large game world with PvP oriented gameplay.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Overwatch Orisa Hero in Review
- Orisa is a medium difficulty tank hero who serves as the central anchor of her team.
- Weekly MMOHuts Stream (6/27): Orcs Must Die! Unchained + ZMR + Giveaways!
- JamesBl0nde streams every Friday for MMOHuts on Twitch!
- Hearthstone: Journey to Un'Goro - 11 Cards Revealed
- Senior game designer Peter Whalen and the ever lovable streamer Day show off a few new cards from the upcoming expansion.