War Thunder is a free-to-play World War II combat simulation game developed by Gaijin Entertainment for PC, Mac, Linux, and PlayStation 4 (*Now Available for Oculus Rift and VIVE VR systems) that puts you in the cockpit of a warplane as you battle across historical dog fights from World War II. With a focus on a realistic experience, you’ll fly alongside squadron members as you take down your opponents with skill. The skies aren’t the only option here, though. Ground and sea missions also exist to ensure missions are varied and exciting for all involved, putting players in control of armored vehicles and naval craft!
►War Thunder features planes, tanks, and ship battles set across various landscapes of World War II. The game offers you a variety of national vehicles to choose from, each with their own strengths and combat ability.
►The game’s damage system is quite complex, wherein a simple machine gun can cause significant damage if targeting the right area of an opponent’s plane.
►The instant action feature of War Thunder will ensure you get a quick experience, without having to wait for other players to join your game or create their own.
►See just how great you can become and find out just how intense combat was during World War II. Experience a game with rich PvE content, regular updates, gorgeous graphics, and a whole lot of action in War Thunder!
Yes – Purchase Vehicles, Vehicle Packs, in game currency, and Premium access. Premium access grants increased rate of earning Research Points, and Silver Lions, as well as additional decal slots.
Steam Pack – Includes premium airplanes, two single-player campaigns, one month of Premium account upgrades, and 1700 Golden Eagles!
US Combined Forces – Includes the George Bostwick’s P-47M-1-RE (Rank 4 USA), the M18 ‘Black Cat’ (Rank 3 USA), and 1000 Golden Eagles.
Royal Combined Forces – Includes the Westland Wyvern (Rank 4 Great Britain), the Sherman Firefly Ic (Rank 3 Great Britain), and 1000 Golden Eagles.
Kliment Voroshilov Pack – Includes the KV-1E (Rank 2 USSR), the KV-2 ZIS 6 (Rank 3 USSR), and 1000 Golden Eagles.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Dec 21, 2016
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Gaijin Entertainment
- Publisher: Gaijin Entertainment
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, Shooter
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux, Steam, PS4, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Attention to detail in every plane.
- +Realistic combat by sky, land, and sea.
- +Varied modes of gameplay.
- -Can be bit of a harsh learning curve.
- -Might want a joystick or gamepad.
- -Targets often don’t stand out.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7/8/10 or OSX 10.12 Sierra or Ubuntu 14.04 (64-bit)
- CPU: Intel Core i5
- RAM: 8 GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 or higher, AMD Radeon series 77XX or higher (DirectX 11 level video card and drivers)
- HDD: 17 GB
- Description: War Thunder puts you in control of a warplane, armored vehicle, or naval craft as you battle across historical locations from World War II. With a focus on a realistic experience, you’ll fight alongside squadron members as you take down your opponents with skill.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Archlord II Closed Beta Testing starts in June 2014
- WEBZEN, a global leader in next-generation free-to-play games is delighted to announce that Archlord 2, the upcoming dynamic PvP MMORPG will e...
- Carnage Racing Launches On Facebook
- Jagex has announced the Facebook launch of Carnage Racing, their new racing game announced last month.
- Heroes & Generals - New 'Spaatz' update brings new content
- Reto-Moto has just released a new update called 'Spaatz' for their popular WWII MMOFPS Heroes & Generals. This update brings a n...