Tibia is over 10 years old and is still going strong with hundreds of thousands of active players. Its an easy game to get into, the game downloads in a few second and the system requirements are nearly non existent. Even Linux users can play! The interface is nice and clean, things like character stats, inventory and text boxes don’t clutter up the screen but are shown on the sides. Those looking for an old school RPG adventure shouldn’t overlook Tibia, but the game does have a major draw back. Many features and all the advanced vocations are only available to paying players. Free players can still enjoy the game at their own pace and chose from 4 vocations once reaching level 8. The four vocations are:
Knight – Melee specialists who prefer the sword or axe to magic. Knights make an obvious choice for beginners.
Paladin – Masters of ranged combat. Paladins prefer attacking their enemies from a distance.
Sorcerer – Steeped in the arts of black magic, Sorcerers are the offensive spell casters of Tibia.
Druid – Druids are schooled in the arts of white magic. They play a supportive role with healing and buffing spells.
Players must head to the Isle of Destiny upon reaching level 8 to chose a vocation. Premium members who reach level 20 can become advanced versions of their chosen vocation, awarding them additional benefits.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Jan 07, 1997
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: CipSoft
- Publisher: CipSoft
- Category: Stand-alone, Browser
- Genre(s): 2D, MMO, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 2/5
- +Over 10 years of content updates.
- +PvP and non PvP servers.
- +Simple gameplay and controls.
- +Low system requirements.
- +Organized interface.
- -Dated graphics.
- -Many features are only available to paying members.
- -Many non-English speaking players.
- -No attack animations.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 95/98/ME/XP/2000/Vista
- CPU: 1.7 GHZ Pentium 4
- RAM: 256 MB or higher
- GPU: Sure, why not?
- HDD: 50 MB
Articles You May Enjoy
- WildStar: Details of Bay of Betrayal Revealed
- Carbine revealed new details about Bay of Betrayal, a new Adventure coming in Invasion: Nexus, and currently playable on the PTR.
- Team Fortress 2 Joins Dungeon of the Endless
- The Australium update picks up after a brutal gravel war, where four mercenaries from two competing companies search for Australium.
- EVE Online: "Crius" Feature Site and In-Development Video Launched
- CCP has just launched a feature site for the July 22nd Crius release for EVE Online and an accompanying in-development video that highlights t...