Tibia is an MMORPG launched in 1997, and is still going strong, now free to play. Its an easy game to get into, the game downloads in a few second and the system requirements are nearly non existent. Even Linux users can play! The interface is nice and clean, things like character stats, inventory and text boxes don’t clutter up the screen but are shown on the sides. Those looking for an old school RPG adventure shouldn’t overlook Tibia, but the game does have a major draw back. Many features and all the advanced vocations are only available to paying players. Free players can still enjoy the game at their own pace and chose from 4 vocations once reaching level 8.
Classes – Players must head to the Isle of Destiny upon reaching level 8 to chose a vocation. Premium members who reach level 20 can become advanced versions of their chosen vocation, awarding them additional benefits.
Knight, Paladin, Sorcerer, Druid
►Over 20 years of development and it’s still running.
►Raise skills through training.
►Massive game world.
►Guilds and tutor system.
Players may upgrade to Premium to access additional features, such as player housing.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Jan 07, 1997
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: CipSoft
- Publisher: CipSoft
- Category: Stand-alone, Browser
- Genre(s): 2D, MMO, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 2/5
- +Over 10 years of content updates.
- +PvP and non PvP servers.
- +Simple gameplay and controls.
- +Low system requirements.
- +Organized interface.
- -Dated graphics.
- -Many features are only available to paying members.
- -No attack animations.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 95/98/ME/XP/2000/Vista
- CPU: 1.7 GHZ Pentium 4
- RAM: 256 MB or higher
- HDD: 50 MB
- Description: Tibia is a 2D free-to-play hardcore-fantasy-MMORPG with high interactive game world and retro-look. It is one of the oldest and most successful online role playing game.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Knight Age Begins Closed Beta
- Joymax has announced the start of closed beta for Knight Age, which will run through July 17.
- Starlite: Astronaut Rescue - NASA approved game now on Steam
- Project Whitecard Studios Inc. announced today the release of “Starlite: Astronaut Rescue - Developed in Collaboration with NASA” for PC, ...