With over 100 million accounts created, Maplestory is probably the most played free-to-play MMORPG of all time. Maplestory is a 2D side-scrolling, fantasy MMORPG with a massive amount of features and things to do. Although the game is now over eight years old, the game continues on strong with regular updates and patches, and has significantly upgraded the game engine and graphics since its early days. If you can handle MapleStory’s child-like, cartoony graphics, this game has a ton to offer.
MapleStory now has 30 classes and counting:
Explorers: Warrior, Magician, Bowman, Thief, Dual Blade, Pirate, Cannoneer, Jett, Zen
Cygnus Knights: Dawn Warrior, Mihile, Blaze Wizard*, Wind Archer, Night Walker*, Thunder Breaker
*New Blaze Wizards and Night Walkers cannot be created.
Heroes: Aran, Evan, Luminous, Mercedes, Phantom
Resistance: Demon Slayer, Battle Mage, Wild Hunter, Mechanic, Xenon
Nova: Kaiser, Angelic Buster
Sengoku: Hayato, Kanna
Child of God: Zero
- Status: Released
- Release Date: May 11, 2005
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Wizet
- Publisher: Nexon
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 2D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Fantasy, Casual
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Plenty of job advancements.
- +Unique platforming quests.
- +Huge game world with tons of quests.
- -Repetitive gameplay.
- -Cash shop advantage.
- -Poor customer support.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 / 8
- CPU: Pentium Dual Core or equivalent
- RAM: 2GB
- GPU: GeForce FX5000 / ATI Radeon 9600 or higher (any video card with Shader model 2.0 or higher)
- HDD: 8GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Triad Wars: April Ask Me Anything Recap
- Yesterday, United Front Games tackled the reddit community with an AMA (Ask Me Anything) session for Triad Wars.
- Diablo 3: Patch 2.1 Coming Tuesday
- Blizzard Entertainment has confirmed that it will launch patch 2.1.0 for Diablo III on Tuesday morning.
- Carte begins closed beta
- GamesCampus has launched the closed beta test for Carte, its new online trading card game.