Considering it plays directly on your web browser with no need for special plugins or installations, Adventure Quest Worlds is an impressive MMORPG. Compared to Artix’s first hit AdventureQuest, AQ Worlds feels like a much broader package and actually boosts a persistent world where players can interact. The graphic style in AQ Worlds is similar to those found in its predecessor, and while I don’t find them all that impressive, they do carry a certain charm that builds on you. Though it is more in-depth that previous titles, this is still very much a casual game not likely to interest dedicated players for long, unless they are willing to pay for additional content. There are four basic classes but the ability to multi-class gives players many options. The classes are:
Healer – The supportive class of AQWorlds that shines in a group setting though they can also stand on their alone. Their secondary upgrade class is the Acolyte.
Mage – Primary spell casters who have an array of elemental spells at their disposal. Mages can deal heavy damage but rely on mana to do so. Their secondary upgrade class is the Sorcerer
Rogue – Sneaky melee fighters with heavy damage output but low defense and health. Their secondary upgrade class is the Renegade.
Warrior – The primary melee class with powerful attacks, high armor, and plenty of health. Their secondary upgrade class is the Warlord.
All secondary classes are restricted to paying members, as are most of the individual classes that can be purchased such as Paladin, Pirate, Berserker, Beast Warrior, Ninja, Witch, Vampire, and others.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Jun 02, 2008
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Artix
- Publisher: Artix Entertainment
- Category: Browser
- Genre(s): 2D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Easy to get started.
- +Multi-classing feature.
- +Instant travel via world map.
- +Plenty of repeatable quests.
- +Weekly updates.
- -Simplistic graphics.
- -Limited content & maps for non paying members.
- -Quest progress resets upon exiting.
- An up-to-date browser.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Oculus Announces Consumer Version
- Today, we’re incredibly excited to announce that the Oculus Rift will be shipping to consumers in Q1 2016, with pre-orders later this year.
- Armored Warfare Early Access Test 3 Extended and New Maps Introduced
- The extension comes with a new patch full of fixes, updates and vehicles rebalances, and two brand new maps – Pipelines and Narrows.
- Cabal 2 Revealed for True Fans and Beta Sign-ups Begin
- ESTSoft, Inc. announced today that gamers who long for the days of MMOs with deep, immersive RPG elements, can now sign up for Cabal II's beta