Vainglory Celebrates First Birthday with Major eSports News
Super Evil Megacorp’s MOBA built for touchscreens, Vainglory, is celebrating its first birthday. In just a year since its release on iOS, the game has become the premier mobile eSport, as evidenced by professional teams, tournaments taking place across the globe, international growth, endorsement by investors and partners, and more.
Revealed in a special blog post today, the team highlighted some major news:
- Over 1 million viewers turned in to watch Vainglory matches in September alone;
- SK Gaming has acquired Vainglory team R3D;
- NVIDIA and the Amazon App Store will be the major sponsor of the Autumn Season Finals;
- Vainglory became the #1 most downloaded free app on iPhone/iPad in China within 24 hours of its launch;
- The Vainglory China Invitational tournament kicks off November 20-22.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Aeria Games Spotlights Humans in Lime Odyseey
- Aeria Games has revealed more information on the Humans of Orta in Lime Odyssey.
- Spirit Tales explains Open Beta delay
- In response to the sudden delay of the Spirit Tales open beta test, community manager Elliott (Colbeagle) has posted answers to some commonly ...
- Marvel Mighty Heroes iOS Mobile Review
- More often than not, we’ve encountered games that entice us purely out of hype. More often so is that it’s because it’s based on fandom ...