Vainglory Celebrates First Birthday with Major eSports News
Super Evil Megacorp’s MOBA built for touchscreens, Vainglory, is celebrating its first birthday. In just a year since its release on iOS, the game has become the premier mobile eSport, as evidenced by professional teams, tournaments taking place across the globe, international growth, endorsement by investors and partners, and more.
Revealed in a special blog post today, the team highlighted some major news:
- Over 1 million viewers turned in to watch Vainglory matches in September alone;
- SK Gaming has acquired Vainglory team R3D;
- NVIDIA and the Amazon App Store will be the major sponsor of the Autumn Season Finals;
- Vainglory became the #1 most downloaded free app on iPhone/iPad in China within 24 hours of its launch;
- The Vainglory China Invitational tournament kicks off November 20-22.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dragon's Prophet: Olandra zone and new content launching today
- Today, Sony Online Entertainment released new updates for its fantasy MMORPG, Dragon's Prophet, including an all-new zone, Treasure Hunts...