Square Enix and Bigpoint Team Up
Square Enix and Bigpoint have announced they are teaming up for a new game, which is already well into development within Square Enix. The game will be distributed on the Bigpoint portal.
While no final details about the game have been released, it has been revealed the game will focus heavily on social gameplay as well as encouraging user content. More information should be announced within the next few weeks, and the game itself is expected to be released within the next six months. Additional information can be accessed on the Bigpoint Facebook page.
Bigpoint also publishes Battlestar Galactica Online and Dark Orbit.
Square Enix and Bigpoint Team Up For Exciting New Project
San Francisco – April 5, 2012 – The online game provider Bigpoint and Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in Europe and across PAL territories have teamed up on an exciting new project.
The new game, which is already well into development at Square Enix, will be exclusively published and marketed by Bigpoint in Europe and North America. The title will be distributed on the Bigpoint.com portal, as well as by other media partners. Focusing heavily on social gameplay and encouraging user generated content, the game will be unveiled in the near future.
“We’re very excited to have teamed up with Bigpoint who are leaders in browser gaming,” said Phil Rogers, CEO Square Enix Europe. “This is the start of both an exciting new project and a strong relationship.”
“We are so excited to have the opportunity to work with Square Enix. The combination of Square Enix’s long-standing experience in providing digital entertainment and Bigpoint’s expertise in developing browser games promises to yield quite the exciting new game,” said Heiko Hubertz, CEO and founder of Bigpoint.
More detailed information about the game will be made public within the next few weeks. In the next six months, the game should be available and fully playable on the Bigpoint portal as well (http://www.bigpoint.com/). In the meantime, fans can access additional information about the game on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/BigpointGames/).
Further information can be found at:
Articles You May Enjoy
- League of Legends: Patch 4.9 brings Karthus’ Visual Update
- The Karthus Visual Update, after drifting through PBE, has found its way to the live servers! His redesigned model comes replete with new anim...
- Tango 5 Reloaded Nears Closed Beta Period on PC
- Tango 5 Reloaded from Nexon will bring real-time, 4-on-4 combat on grid-based maps against opponents around the world.
- TERA: Fate of Arun Introduces Players to the Mysterious Northern Arun
- En Masse Entertainment is pleased to announce the launch of TERA: Fate of Arun, the first expansion to its award-winning action MMORPG for PC.