New Wave of Game Shutdowns Announced
Despite all the new game launches and betas going into the PAX West week, it looks like some free-to-play games are closing their doors.
Ubisoft has announced four game shutdowns this week, with servers planned to sunset in October:
Microsoft also announced the shut down of the Russian Halo Online, which had not yet come West.
Finally Firefall, which has been silent for months with no updates from Red 5 Studios and no developer posts, has finally seemed to fade away entirely as the Firefall website (and Red 5 Studios’ as well) has gone offline. Red 5 Studios hit some trouble at the end of 2015 with unpaid staff and reorganizations announced in January, but it seems all efforts may have fully fallen through as even the login servers are now offline.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Legion of Heroes Summons Easter Event
- Nexon is providing players of the epic 3D MMORPG, Legion of Heroes with new characters, content and system updates this Easter.
- Oakland Video Game Museum Resurrecting First MMO “Habitat”
- The Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment (The MADE) will be spending Sunday, September 28th, attempting to resurrect the world's first...
- TERA Secrets & Shadows Update Announced
- Scheduled for release in May, TERA Secrets & Shadows promises to offer a host of exciting new features and content including a new class.