New Wave of Game Shutdowns Announced
Despite all the new game launches and betas going into the PAX West week, it looks like some free-to-play games are closing their doors.
Ubisoft has announced four game shutdowns this week, with servers planned to sunset in October:
Microsoft also announced the shut down of the Russian Halo Online, which had not yet come West.
Finally Firefall, which has been silent for months with no updates from Red 5 Studios and no developer posts, has finally seemed to fade away entirely as the Firefall website (and Red 5 Studios’ as well) has gone offline. Red 5 Studios hit some trouble at the end of 2015 with unpaid staff and reorganizations announced in January, but it seems all efforts may have fully fallen through as even the login servers are now offline.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Continent of the Ninth Seal Announces Second Update for 6th Continent - RAEBIN Part 2
- Webzen today revealed sparse details about the second half of their RAEBIN continent update in C9 - Continent of the Ninth Seal.
- Dungeons & Dragons Online Announces April Expansion, 'Masterminds of Sharn'
- Daybreak Games announced details for a new expansion coming to PC and Mac for Dungeons & Dragons Online: Masterminds of Sharn.
- Brown Dust to Become Brave Nine
- NEOWIZ, creators of the epic strategy RPG Brown Dust, announced today its decision to rebrand the project as Brave Nine.