New Wave of Game Shutdowns Announced
Despite all the new game launches and betas going into the PAX West week, it looks like some free-to-play games are closing their doors.
Ubisoft has announced four game shutdowns this week, with servers planned to sunset in October:
Microsoft also announced the shut down of the Russian Halo Online, which had not yet come West.
Finally Firefall, which has been silent for months with no updates from Red 5 Studios and no developer posts, has finally seemed to fade away entirely as the Firefall website (and Red 5 Studios’ as well) has gone offline. Red 5 Studios hit some trouble at the end of 2015 with unpaid staff and reorganizations announced in January, but it seems all efforts may have fully fallen through as even the login servers are now offline.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Street Fighter V Launch Review
- But I have hope for Street Fighter V. I say that I have hope because that’s the only feature that’s bloody open to be used right now!
- Alcatraz Available In-Game for Defiance Before June 12 TV Premiere
- Alcatraz, the next major in-game update for the free-to-play interconnected video game and TV series Defiance, is now live.
- Trove - Geode Launches Today
- This free expansion also adds a new mode, Bomber Royale - a fast a frenetic free-for-all mode.