New Wave of Game Shutdowns Announced
Despite all the new game launches and betas going into the PAX West week, it looks like some free-to-play games are closing their doors.
Ubisoft has announced four game shutdowns this week, with servers planned to sunset in October:
Microsoft also announced the shut down of the Russian Halo Online, which had not yet come West.
Finally Firefall, which has been silent for months with no updates from Red 5 Studios and no developer posts, has finally seemed to fade away entirely as the Firefall website (and Red 5 Studios’ as well) has gone offline. Red 5 Studios hit some trouble at the end of 2015 with unpaid staff and reorganizations announced in January, but it seems all efforts may have fully fallen through as even the login servers are now offline.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Thanatos Game Information and Pre-Launch Event Revealed
- Inixsoft and JM Studios have released game information for Thanatos: The Dragon Chaser, and have also announced its "pre-launch" eve...
- World of Warships Gameplay Preview (PAX East 2015)
- World of Warships is pushing the limits of military arena gameplay in astounding ways each and every time I've visited.
- Blade & Soul Announces Launch and Esports Plans
- This is a big day for us, as we’re able to share the official launch date of Blade & Soul for all Western players