New Wave of Game Shutdowns Announced
Despite all the new game launches and betas going into the PAX West week, it looks like some free-to-play games are closing their doors.
Ubisoft has announced four game shutdowns this week, with servers planned to sunset in October:
Microsoft also announced the shut down of the Russian Halo Online, which had not yet come West.
Finally Firefall, which has been silent for months with no updates from Red 5 Studios and no developer posts, has finally seemed to fade away entirely as the Firefall website (and Red 5 Studios’ as well) has gone offline. Red 5 Studios hit some trouble at the end of 2015 with unpaid staff and reorganizations announced in January, but it seems all efforts may have fully fallen through as even the login servers are now offline.
Articles You May Enjoy
- RedBull Battlegrounds returns with a 3-city Starcraft II tournament tour
- Red Bull Media House announced today the 2014 tournament event calendar for its Red Bull eSports initiative, featuring Blizzard Entertainmentâ...
- Livelock: New Launch Date Announced
- After a launch date delay, Livelock has finished up polishing and is now ready for a new release date: August 30.
- SMITE Reveals Cthulu Skin in New Patch
- Perhaps setting the standard for strangest skin addition yet, the God of Bees, Ah Muzen Cab, will now double as Cthulu with the newest epic sk...