New Wave of Game Shutdowns Announced
Despite all the new game launches and betas going into the PAX West week, it looks like some free-to-play games are closing their doors.
Ubisoft has announced four game shutdowns this week, with servers planned to sunset in October:
Microsoft also announced the shut down of the Russian Halo Online, which had not yet come West.
Finally Firefall, which has been silent for months with no updates from Red 5 Studios and no developer posts, has finally seemed to fade away entirely as the Firefall website (and Red 5 Studios’ as well) has gone offline. Red 5 Studios hit some trouble at the end of 2015 with unpaid staff and reorganizations announced in January, but it seems all efforts may have fully fallen through as even the login servers are now offline.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Lime Odyssey expands Alpha Test
- Aeria Games has announced the expansion of its alpha test for Lime Odyssey.
- Closers Open Beta Is Now Live
- En Masse has announced that they are "CALLING ALL CLOSERS!", as the Open Beta Test for Closers has officially started today.
- Cabal 2 Ruins of the Gods Content Update Announced
- Warriors, come out and play! ESTsoft, Inc. revealed details for its latest content update for CABAL 2, available starting Oct. 14.