Firefall is set 200 years in Earth’s future where (and when) humanity is on the brink of annihilation at the hands of an insectoid alien race. Several persistent world MMOFPS games like PlanetSide, Global Agenda, and Tabula Rasa have come and gone but Firefall has put in the time and development effort to transform the genre. With a stellar development team whose members include the team lead of World of Warcraft and lead designer of Tribes, Firefall promises high production value and a sleek, original art style. Players will be able to work cooperatively to overcome alien forces, or take part in a variety of competitive multiplayer game modes. Choose from among many specialized battleframes (classes), customize them with specific loadouts that can be swapped on the fly, and then battle forward in dynamically changing content with allies at your side.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Jul 29, 2014
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Red 5 Studios
- Publisher: Red 5 Studios
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Sci-Fi, Shooter
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Persistent world and good graphics.
- +Cooperative and competitive gameplay.
- +Complex class customization with freedom to swap between them.
- -Repetitive dynamic quests.
- -Many good ideas existing in pockets that need more content to flesh them out.
- Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP SP3 or newer
- CPU: AMD Dual Core @ 2.6GHz; Intel Dual Core @ 2.2GHz
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU: Nvidia 8600 or ATI 4xxx with 1GB of VRAM
- HDD: 20GB
- Description: FireFall is a 3D, open world Sci-Fi MMO Shooter with team based gameplay. Set in a persistent world, Firefall takes place 200 years in Earth’s future.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Blacklight: Retribution Releases “I Am Legend” Inspired Evacuation Update
- The Blacklight: Retribution team is proud to announce that Evacuation, the latest update for the award-winning, free-to-play first-person shoo...
- Smart Watch and VR integration Announced For Call of Champions
- Spacetime Studios debuts Smart Watch and Virtual Reality integration with its unreleased game, Call of Champions.
- Dawngate's EU Servers and Bots Unveiled at Gamescom 2014
- Waystone Games, the EA studio behind the new MOBA, Dawngate, has launched EU Servers Alpha and Practice Mode (bots) while at Gamescom.