EverQuest Next Cancelled and Landmark Release Date Announced
The statement hinted that the game was simply unviable:
In the case of EverQuest Next, we accomplished incredible feats that astonished industry insiders. Unfortunately, as we put together the pieces, we found that it wasn’t fun. We know you have high standards when it comes to Norrath and we do too. In final review, we had to face the fact that EverQuest Next would not meet the expectations we – and all of you – have for the worlds of Norrath.
On the flipside, EverQuest Next’s foundational game and predecessor, Landmark, has been announced for a Spring 2016 release. Daybreak acknowledges that it has tried to make Landmark a game of its own, and not just a building tool for EverQuest Next. An exact date has not been given. However, the price has been set at $9.99. An FAQ about the launch is available here.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Eudemons Announces Necromancer Class
- The master of death and decay, the Necromancer, is coming to the MMORPG Eudemons Online.
- DOFUS celebrates its 10th anniversary
- Famous online game DOFUS celebrates its 10th anniversary this month. Ankama is organizing a big contest in honor of the occasion. The publishe...
- Devilian Update 1.4 Press Demo Reveal
- First is the new dungeons. As the level cap rises to fifty-six, players will want more challenging content to match their new found power.