EverQuest Next is a complete reimagining of the EverQuest universe – from lore to the very technical bones of gameplay. Featuring a sandbox world where player stories evolve uniquely, an enemy AI that reacts in new emergent ways, and completely destructible environments that let players choose where to explore. In addition, over 40 distinct professions (classes) will be available at launch, with a non-linear progression system and the ability to mix and match class abilities.
Multi-Classing – EQN will offer players the ability to explore and interact with the world according to their individual style of play. There are no levels in EQN, but there will be more than 40 distinct classes (or professions) at launch, with multi-tiered abilities and specialized weapon skills to collect and master. Players will even mix and match abilities from each class, creating truly custom characters that feel distinct and powerful.
Destructible Environments – No modern MMO has successfully implemented destructible environments that stretch across an entire seamless game world — this changes forever with EQN. Every piece of the world is fully destructible and players will have the ability to manipulate almost all of it. They will interact with and explore the world in amazing ways; venturing down into the deep bedrock beneath the surface and using powerful combat abilities to blow gaping holes into the ground. The EQN world will extend far into the heavens and deep into the procedurally-generated earth through 10,000 years of known lore and history.
Permanent Change – Players will also have the ability to cause the world to change around them, permanently, in dramatic ways. Through the concerted effort of the world’s inhabitants, including players, creatures, and non-player characters (NPCs), city walls will be built and destroyed, large-scale wars will be fought and won, and epic stories will unfold over months and years.
Emergent AI – In EQN, NPCs will have specific motivations and preferences that direct behavior in nuanced and unpredictable ways. Players will find themselves in a world where NPC decisions are based on core values, not dictated by static spawn points. For example, Orcs may attack opportunistically because they want an adventurer’s gold, not simply because a careless hero wanders into an attack radius.
A Life of Consequence – Finally, each character in EQN will have a unique story; they will not follow a predetermined path. Instead, they will seek out adventure, fame and fortune in a constantly changing sandbox world. The game will remember every choice and action that players make and will organically deliver increasing opportunities to do more of the things players like to do … from crafting armor and exploring the wilderness to purging goblins from the forests.
- Status: Cancelled
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Daybreak Games
- Publisher: Daybreak Games
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC
- +Destructible environments.
- +Sandbox-style world.
- -Limited information available.
- Description: Join Sony Online Entertainment as it reimagines EverQuest with content being controlled by the players, and built from scratch with a new generation of MMOs in mind.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dragons and Titans: Bilebite Dragon Now Available
- Indie developer, Wyrmbyte, today announced that a new dragon, Bilebite, and a new weapon, Winter Floe, are now available for players to master...
- Final Fantasy Mobius Mobile Review
- Mobius Final Fantasy is a free-to-play, episodic mobile title for the Android and iOS.
- Drakensang Online - Now Available on Mac
- The multi-award-winning action RPG Drakensang Online now provides full support for Macintosh users.