E3 2015 Day 3 Recap Pt 1 – SW Battlefront, BattleCry, Bierzerkers, and Torchlight Mobile!
Forsaken World Mobile is almost here, and I just had to drop a quick mention of my impromptu playtime with the beta state of the game. Again, this is not a port of the Forsaken World mobile, but rather an entirely built from scratch title. While the game mechanics may be brand new, some serious effort was put in to recreate the same look and feel of both its character classes, and world locations. I immediately recognized the wooded Elven village, brought back 1:1.
In rebuilding the game, Fedeen has created a more cinematic experience with a greater focus on story telling, and soloable mission quests. Players will feel more like their actions matter as they complete quests to progress the tale, rather than just obtaining that next level of RPG progression.
The skill tree is brand new as well, and while not as impressive as the original Forsaken World’s expansive skill tree, it’s still in my top 5 list for most expansive fantasy mobile skill trees. Each class should have quite the arsenal of abilities to set themselves apart, should Fedeen make all skills viable choices in gameplay.
It should be noted that the UI is a bit bulkier in Forsaken World Mobile than Torchlight Mobile. Attempting to target my desired target and use the right skills at the right time was a challenge on the teeny little iPhone I snagged for the demo. This shouldn’t be an issue on Ipads or larger phones like my Note 4 though.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Magic: The Gathering Arena adds Direct Challenge Play
- Last week, Magic: The Gathering Arena added a hotly demanded feature: direct challenge.
- Final Fantasy XIV ARR: New 2.25 Patch Increases PvP Ranks
- Square Enix, Inc. today launched Patch 2.25 for FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn™ which features updates and additions to player vs. play...
- Guild Wars 2: Dragon's Reach Part 2 Tease Available
- ArenaNet has just released a new teaser trailer for Guild Wars 2’s Season 2 Episode 4 – Dragon’s Reach: Part 2. This episode opens up mo...