Star Wars: The Old Republic
Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) is an MMORPG that takes place after the events of the first two Knights of the Old Republic games. Featuring an in-depth storyline and high quality production, the game is now free-to-play with an optional subscription. Set over a thousand years before the tale of the movies, players can choose between joining the Sith Empire or the Galactic Republic in a time that peace seems to have vanished from the universe.
Become one of various Star Wars classes based on the lore of the Star Wars franchise like Smuggler, Sith Warrior, Bounty Hunter, and of course Jedi Knight. Adventure through a game galaxy that is more than 30,000 parsecs wide, traveling both near and far while you forge your own path with the light or dark side of the Force. If you choose to side with the Sith Empire your character’s race can be a Chiss, Rattataki, or Sith-Pureblood. Players on the side of the Galactic Republic can become a Miraluka or Mirialan. Both sides can play as a Human, Cyborg, Twi’lek, Zabrak, or Cathar. One of the newest races, the Togruta, can only be played after they are unlocked through the Cartel Market. Each class also has their own ship that can be upgraded and used in space combat missions.
Companions will play an important role in your time in SWTOR. A player’s companions will passively carry out gathering and crafting tasks while the player goes about their business in the galaxy. Gathering will allow players and their companions to gather resources that can be used to craft various items. Crafting allows companions to create items that the player can even reverse engineer to figure out how to make better versions of them.
Fans of the Star Wars franchise can unite in SWTOR to explore one of their favorite worlds alongside one another or they can savor the depth of such an expansive world for their own enjoyment. Either way you’re sure to enjoy the many space themed adventures ahead of you!
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Dec 20, 2011
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Bioware
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Sci-Fi, Shooter
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Immersive, expansive storyline.
- +Varied classes and specializations.
- +High quality production.
- -Free-to-play can only have two total characters.
- -Extensive restrictions on non-subscribed players.
- -Lack of innovative features.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP SP3/Vista/7
- CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+/Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better.
- RAM: 2GB
- GPU: ATI X1800, nVidia 7800, or Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics
- Description: Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) is a free-to-play MMORPG that takes place after the events of the first two Knights of the Old Republic games. Set over a thousand years before the tale of the movies, players can choose between joining the Sith Empire or the Galactic Republic.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Tactical Multiplayer Shooter Burstfire in Development Now
- Built by former HAWKEN team members, Burstfire calls for both level-headed deliberation and hair-trigger reflexes.
- The Third Age Closed Beta Announced
- PopPace, makers of a variety of games has announced that their newest title, The Third Age will be launching a CBT at the end of November.