Star Wars: The Old Republic
Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) is an MMORPG that takes place after the events of the first two Knights of the Old Republic games. Featuring an in-depth storyline and high quality production, the game is now free-to-play with an optional subscription.
Set over a thousand years before the tale of the movies, players can choose between joining the Sith Empire or the Galactic Republic in a time that peace seems to have vanished from the universe.
►Adventure through a game galaxy that is more than 30,000 parsecs wide, traveling both near and far while you forge your own path with the light or dark side of the Force.
►Choose between the Galactic Republic or the Sith Empire in an epic galaxy spanning story that lets you travel from planet to planet, meeting a variety of characters, some of whom will become companions you can bring with you into battle.
►Rich, choice based stories. Will you embrace the dark side, or follow the path of the light? Regardless of your class or allegiance, your choices can affect your alignment and even your appearance.
►Play through the story line, then engage in heroic missions and improve your gear. You can even customize your gear’s appearance so you’re not stuck wearing a piece of armor just because it looks great.
►Companions will play an important role in your time in SWTOR. A player’s companions will passively carry out gathering and crafting tasks while the player goes about their business in the galaxy. Gathering will allow players and their companions to gather resources that can be used to craft various items. Crafting allows companions to create items that the player can even reverse engineer to figure out how to make better versions of them.
►Fans of the Star Wars franchise can unite in SWTOR to explore one of their favorite worlds alongside one another or they can savor the depth of such an expansive world for their own enjoyment. Either way you’re sure to enjoy the many space themed adventures ahead of you!
Sith: Cathar, Chiss, Cyborg, Human, Rattataki, Sith Pureblood, Togruta, Twi’lek
Republic: Cathar, Cyborg, Human, Miraluka, Mirialan, Togruta, Twi’lek
Sith: Sith Warrior, Sith Inquisitor, Imperial Agent, Bounty Hunter
Republic: Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular, Republic Trooper, Smuggler
Note: Each class has multiple talent trees allowing them to function under different roles, such as Jedi Consulars that can heal, or perform DPS.
Star Wars the Old Republic receives regular content updates, the most recent major update being “Knights of the Fallen Empire/Knights of the Eternal Throne”. Under this auspice comes Jedi Under Siege: A new storyline on Ossus and daily mission area. New “Master Mode” mission, improvements to guilds, and new gear.
Players may purchase Cartel Coins for use in the Cartel Shop in game which offers a variety of boosts, as well as unlocks premium content and cosmetics, including ‘mounts’. Players may also choose to purchase a Premium subscription which unlocks all content (while your subscription is maintained) as well as a monthly stipend of Cartel Coins.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Dec 20, 2011
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Bioware
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Sci-Fi, Shooter
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Immersive, expansive storyline.
- +Varied classes and specializations.
- +High quality production.
- -Free-to-play can only have two total characters.
- -Extensive restrictions on non-subscribed players.
- -Lack of innovative features.
- OS: Windows XP SP3/Vista/7
- CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+/Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better.
- RAM: 2GB
- GPU: ATI X1800, nVidia 7800, or Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics
Articles You May Enjoy
- Ghost in the Shell: First Assault Press Preview
- Though, you only get to pick one character to start with, through gameplay you can unlock the license for the other members of Section 9.
- Webzen Cherryhill Launches 'Appmigos' Subbrand for Casual Free-to-Play Titles
- Webzen Cherryhill launched a sub-brand, known as Appmigos with a goal to publish free-to-play games for mobile and tablets.
- Bandai Namco Opens New Mobile Company - Bandai Namco Mobile
- The focus will be the development and marketing of mobile entertainment outside of the Asian market.