Neverwinter is a free-to-play, action MMORPG based on the acclaimed Dungeons & Dragons fantasy roleplaying game.
One hundred years have passed since the Spellplague forever changed the magical and mysterious lands of Faerûn. Mighty empires fell and great cities toppled, leaving only monster-haunted ruins and survivors struggling to rebuild. The city of Neverwinter, the Jewel of the North, seemed blessed by the gods. While the rest of the Sword Coast was devastated by the event, Neverwinter survived largely intact. But this was only a temporary reprieve from its inevitable doom. Nearly 75 years later, a volcanic eruption rained fire, ash and molten fury upon the city, annihilating everything in its wake. Today, Neverwinter has restored much of its former glory.
Lord Neverember of Waterdeep has taken the city under his protection and put forth a call to all adventurers and heroes of the Savage North to help rebuild Neverwinter in the hopes that one day he can lay claim to her throne and crown. But evil forces conspire in the dark places of the world, seeking to undermine all…
►Travel through the familiar and beloved Forgotten Realms setting.
►Foundry lets players create their own content and tell their own stories.
Human, Half-Elf, Wood Elf, Drow, Dwarf, Halfling, Half-Orc, Tiefling, Moon Elf, Sun Elf, Menzoberranzan Renegade, Dragonborn
Control Wizard, Devoted Cleric, Great Weapon Fighter, Guardian Fighter, Hunter Ranger, Oathbound Paladin, Scourge Warlock, Trickster Rogue.
Neverwinter has received a wide variety of expansions, each offering new content, gear, and/or story. Over 12 updates have been launched for Neverwinter, such as Underdark and Ravenloft. See a full list, as well as the features that each came with, here.
Top tier gear, mounts, companions, cosmetics and other items available via purchase. In game currency available by trading Astral Diamonds on market.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Jun 20, 2013
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Cryptic Studios
- Publisher: Gearbox Publishing
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC, Steam, Xbox One, PS4
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Players can create their own Neverwinter content.
- +Action MMORPG style combat system.
- +Soft targeting system.
- -Simplified gameplay.
- -Cash shop purchases place damper on free gameplay.
- -Struggles with bugs and exploits.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 10
- CPU: Core i5-2xxx Quad Core or better
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 4xx, ATI/AMD Radeon HD 5xxx, or Intel HD Graphics 4xxx (Direct3D Hardware Feature Level 11.0) or better
- HDD: 23 GB
- Description: Neverwinter is a free-to-play, action MMORPG based on the acclaimed Dungeons & Dragons fantasy roleplaying game.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dynamight Studios Reveals Plans for Regional Servers/Localization
- We have even more Fractured news today, and it's focused on regional servers and localization.
- Phantom of the Kill Makes US Debut at New York Comic Con
- gumi Inc. has just announced their New York Comic Con 2015 presence showcasing the hotly anticipated Japanese RPG Phantom of the Kill.
- Warface opens registration for closed beta
- Crytek has announced that closed beta registration is now available for Warface (warface.com).