Neverwinter is a free-to-play, action MMORPG based on the acclaimed Dungeons & Dragons fantasy roleplaying game. Featuring much of the same strategic combat and interactions expected from the original Neverwinter Nights, Neverwinter will also support player-generated content and more.
One hundred years have passed since the Spellplague forever changed the magical and mysterious lands of Faerûn. Mighty empires fell and great cities toppled, leaving only monster-haunted ruins and survivors struggling to rebuild. The city of Neverwinter, the Jewel of the North, seemed blessed by the gods. While the rest of the Sword Coast was devastated by the event, Neverwinter survived largely intact. But this was only a temporary reprieve from its inevitable doom. Nearly 75 years later, a volcanic eruption rained fire, ash and molten fury upon the city, annihilating everything in its wake. Today, Neverwinter has restored much of its former glory.
Lord Neverember of Waterdeep has taken the city under his protection and put forth a call to all adventurers and heroes of the Savage North to help rebuild Neverwinter in the hopes that one day he can lay claim to her throne and crown. But evil forces conspire in the dark places of the world, seeking to undermine all…
Embark on your journey through the Forgotten Realms, experience iconic locations and encounters, and stop whatever dark forces you can in Neverwinter!
Great Weapon Fighter – A melee dps class that uses two-handed weapons for powerful swings.
Guardian Fighter – A tanking fighter that is both durable and can put out decent dps.
Trickster Rogue – A pure dps class with high single-target damage and little AoE damage.
Devoted Cleric – A class with healing abilities with decent survivability and ranged damage.
Control Wizard – Heavy damage classes that use magical spells and the elements to deal damage to their foes.
Hunter Ranger – A ranged class with the ability to rapidly fire a bow at enemies.
Scourge Warlock – A tougher than average warlock that channels shadowy benefactors to destroy enemies that stand in their way.
Oathbound Paladin – Warriors of light that take holy vows to protect and preserve the Light, as well as their allies.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Jun 20, 2013
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Cryptic Studios
- Publisher: Perfect World Entertainment
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC, Steam, Xbox One, PS4
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Players can create their own Neverwinter content.
- +Action MMORPG style combat system.
- +Soft targeting system.
- -Simplified gameplay.
- -Cash shop purchases place damper on free gameplay.
- -Struggles with bugs and exploits.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 10
- CPU: Core i5-2xxx Quad Core or better
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 4xx, ATI/AMD Radeon HD 5xxx, or Intel HD Graphics 4xxx (Direct3D Hardware Feature Level 11.0) or better
- HDD: 23 GB
- Description: Neverwinter is a free-to-play, action MMORPG based on the acclaimed Dungeons & Dragons fantasy roleplaying game.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Hi-Rez Studios Hurricane Relief
- Earlier this month, Hirez announced a variety of ways players of their games could donate to the Hurricane Harvey relief fund.
- Shotgun News 11/14: Trove, UWO, and Bless
- Daily dose of MMO news featuring Trove, Uncharted Waters Online, and Bless.