Forge of Empires
InnoGames’ Forge of Empires is an MMORTS developed by InnoGames for PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android that is based on early human civilizations. As you progress in game, so does time progress. Starting from the Stone Age and advancing all the way through the Oceanic Future, your empire advances through stages of history and sees new technological advances with each time period.
►The main portion of the game takes place on your city map. As you make your way through different ages more buildings and decorations will become available, as well as an expanded building area. Players will have to spend their coins and supplies to create new buildings and choose a spot to place it. Buildings can also grow in size as time passes, reflecting the new standards and needs of more civilized ages. You’ll need to carefully plan out where you want your buildings if you want to ensure you have enough space for future buildings when you need them.
►Another primary focus of the game is army management. Successful civilizations will need to expand, which can be done through trade or by force via combat. The five different types of units that can be used are: light units, ranged units, fast units, heavy units, and artillery units. Knowing what units to mix and match for different situations is key to winning battles. Battles themselves are fought in such a way that the defender is played by AI with predetermined troops. If you can manage to defeat the defender you will take over the sector they are guarding. You can only own a province once you take over all of its sectors.
►Offering a single player campaign, as well PvP action, Forge of Empires gives players a unique gaming experience with the convenience of being a browser and mobile game. Build your empire and start taking over today!
Forge of Empires receives frequent updates as well as seasonal and other special events.
Yes. Players may purchase diamonds from the cash shop for a variety of features in game, as well as army and building packs to gain an advantage.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Apr 17, 2012
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: InnoGames
- Publisher: InnoGames
- Category: Browser, Mobile
- Genre(s): 2D, Strategy, Idle Gaming
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android
- + Strong single-player campaign
- + Complex city planning
- +Easy to learn, casual
- - Limited PvP options
- - Casual playstyle
- - Slow resource collection and leveling
- Description: Good strategy online games are what Forge of Empires stands for. As a chieftain who founds his settlement anno 5000 B.C. in the Stone Age with little more than a few tents, it is your task to show your online strategy game skills and develop your city through the ages of history.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Yoozoo Games Announces League of Angels 4th Anniversary Event
- Yoozoo Games is proud to announce that they have reached their fourth anniversary of League of Angels and is celebrating in style.
- Card Hunter: Attack of the Artifacts Expansion Released
- Blue Manchu announces that Card Hunter's first expansion, Attack of the Artifacts, is now live.
- RaiderZ Closed Beta Now Live
- Perfect World Entertainment has announced that the closed beta test for RaiderZ is under way.