Elite: Dangerous is an expansive science fiction sandbox based on the Elite game franchise. Take the center stage as you take the role of trader, pirate, bounty hunter, team player, leader, assassin, schemer, or more. Though you may start with only a few credits and a ship to call home, you can do whatever you want – or whatever it takes – to become elite.
Fight, trade, and hunt in a galaxy filled with billions of star systems. Make money through trading goods, bounty hunting, or raiding others for cargo. Explore, go on missions, upgrade your ship, and explore endless possibilities.
Having been unable to agree to a funding deal with a publisher for many years, the developer began its Kickstarter campaign in November 2012. Unfinished versions of the game have been playable by backers since December 2013, and the game was released for Windows on 16 December 2014.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Dec 16, 2014
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: Frontier Developments
- Publisher: Frontier Developments
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Sci-Fi, Shooter
- Platforms: PC, PS4
Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Beautiful and immense sense of scale.
- +Combat feels amazing, and ships are fun to fly.
- +The best Oculus Rift experience so far.
- -Boring and canned narrative.
- -Faction and influence systems seem broken.
- -Although lots of people are playing, it's very rare to encounter another player.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 / 8 (64-bit)
- CPU: Intel Quad-core 2.5GHz
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti or better.
- HDD: 5GB
- Additional Information:
- · Oculus Rift Support
- · Full Joystick Support
- · Full Controller Support
- Description: Elite: Dangerous is a space adventure, trading, and combat simulator that is the fourth installment in the Elite video game series. Piloting a spaceship, the player explores a realistic 1:1 scale open world galaxy based on the real Milky Way, and the gameplay is open-ended.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Japanese Armored Vehicles to Enter Combat
- Wargaming today announced that its highly acclaimed action game, World of Tanks, will soon be joined by war machines from Japan.
- Tribes Ascend passes one million downloads
- Hi-Rez Studios has announced that Tribes Ascend has reached a new milestone: 1.2 million downloads.