Elite Dangerous: Horizons Launches for Xbox One on June 3
Frontier Developments plc (AIM: FDEV) today announced plans to:
- Launch the Elite Dangerous: Horizons season of expansions for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, on June 3.
- Launch The Engineers expansion for PC on May 26 for all Elite Dangerous: Horizons season pass owners.
- Launch the biggest ever free update for all Elite Dangerous players on May 26.
- Offer Elite Dangerous: Horizons at a permanent new price of £19.99.
Elite Dangerous: Horizons is your pass to a full season of gameplay expansions for the award-winning space epic Elite Dangerous. On June 3, Elite Dangerous: Horizons comes to Xbox One featuring the first two Horizons expansions: Planetary Landings and The Engineers. Together, they unlock a vast range of new features including 1:1 scale planets to explore, surface bases to raid, new mission opportunities, new loot and crafting opportunities, and the high-speed SRV Surface Recon Vehicle.
New to PC on May 26, The Engineers opens up a world of customization options that change the way you fly, trade, explore and fight in the Elite Dangerous galaxy. Hidden on planet surfaces across the populated galaxy, each Engineer has a unique personality and history, and they just might choose to help you with their unique weapons and specialized modules… for the right price.
On May 26 Frontier will also launch its biggest ever free update for Elite Dangerous players on all platforms, featuring a new mission system, collectable loot and hundreds of gameplay additions and tweaks. Xbox One players will further benefit from the addition of Private Group play and fully customizable controls.
Elite Dangerous: Horizons players on PC and Xbox One will receive further expansions as the season continues. Future gameplay updates will debut for PC and Xbox One simultaneously, enriching the Elite Dangerous experience with new activities and new ways to play on both platforms, including:
- Multicrew, allowing teams of players to assume roles aboard the same ship.
- Commander Creation, giving a unique appearance to players’ in-game avatars.
- Ship-Launched Fighters, allowing larger spacecraft to carry their own short-range fighter craft for attack and defense.
For details on the upcoming season of expansions, visit: EliteDangerous.com/seasons
From today, Elite Dangerous: Horizons for PC is available as an upgrade to Elite Dangerous for the new lower price of £19.99 ($29.99, €24.99, 1,489 RUB), and packaged with Elite Dangerous as part of the Commander Deluxe edition for £39.99 ($59.99, €49.99, 2,999 RUB) with eighteen unique paint jobs.
Elite Dangerous: Horizons for Xbox One will soon be available as an upgrade to Elite Dangerous for £19.99 ($29.99, €24.99, 1,489 RUB), and packaged with Elite Dangerous as part of the Xbox One Commander Deluxe edition for £39.99 ($59.99, €49.99, 2,999 RUB).
Articles You May Enjoy
- Shadow Kings: New MMO Building Game for Mobile Devices
- From noble knights and mighty castles to unruly dwarves and proud elves. Goodgame Studios, the successful publisher of browser and mobile game...
- Planet Calypso Announces Major Changes
- Planet Calypso has announced Entropia Universe Version Update 12.8, a major update designed to make some serious changes to crafting, loot, an...
- Gigantic's New Corruption Update Launches With a New Hero
- The "Corruption" update to Gigantic is here today, and the biggest news in it is the newest hero, Oru!