Defiance 2050 continues the fight that began in the original Defiance title from Trion Worlds. The Defiance universe has been re-imagined with newer hardware, for more modern PCs as well as the Playstation 4 and Xbox One consoles. Defiance 2050 is a Massively Multiplayer Online Shooter set in a post-apocalytpic sci-fi world overflowing with alien technology. It will be free-to-play so everyone can explore the massive world that awaits them, but will offer optional cosmetics and other items that will not give anyone a particular advantage. A vast open world full of excitement and danger awaits long-time fans of Defiance and newcomers alike.
The story, which blends with the story of the Defiance Sy-Fy series, is that of the survivor of a crashed shuttle who arrives in San Francisco several years after the ‘Battle of the Defiance’, in which the ship of the same name crashed into the bay area, unleashing chaos as well as fearsome creatures.
►Create your character and participate in a variety of dynamic events such as arkfalls, area based missions, and PvP.
►Squad up in dungeons that avoid the ‘holy trinity’ requirements. Any combination of classes may participate, making for quick action queues.
►Upgrade your weapons as you level to keep that favorite blaster up to snuff.
►Complete achievements and quests to earn Accommodation Credits for special gear and class unlocks.
There are three playable races total. Humans, native to earth, as well as the two Voltan races: Castithans and Irathients.
Players may choose one class at character creation, and unlock the other classes either through the shop or Accommodation Vendors in game. The classes are Assault, Assassin, Guardian, Combat Medic, and the new Crusader class, which arrived with the Trouble in Paradise Expansion.
Trouble in Paradise is Defiance 2050’s first expansion, and brought with it the Crusader class, new weapon skins and powerful prototype weapons.
Players may unlock classes early by purchasing them in the shop, or by earning Accommodation credits in game. Players may also purchase a variety of vehicle and weapon skins, as well as purely cosmetic outfits.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Jul 10, 2018
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Trion Worlds
- Publisher: Trion Worlds
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Sci-Fi, Shooter
- Platforms: PC, Steam, Xbox One, PS4
Editor's Score: 4.5/5
- Description: Defiance 2050 continues the fight that began in the original Defiance title from Trion Worlds. The Defiance universe has been re-imagined with newer hardware, for more modern PCs as well as the Playstation 4 and Xbox One consoles.
Articles You May Enjoy
- New Dying Light Expansion Revealed as The Following
- Today Techland has confirmed that it is indeed working on Dying Light: The Following – a feature-heavy, story-based expansion pack.
- Art of Conquest Launches on Mobile
- Lilith Games has announced the launch of its hybrid strategy MMORTS, Art of Conquest, on iOS and Android.