Dual Universe Simulated 30,000 Players On One Server
Novaquark recently pushed the boundaries of what a server can do, with their March 6th Dual Universe test. On March 6th, 2019, 30,000 simulated players were spawned in the game at the same time. They roamed the surface of the planet, with community members also joining in to bear witness to the spectacle. This demonstrates what players can expect with meaningful interactions at scale when the MMO launches in 2020. Whether they are building massive cities or mining on an uncharted moon, it is a sound idea of what you can expect in this Single Shard Shared Universe.
Compared with the current world record for “most concurrent players simultaneously involved in a single multiplayer PvP video game battle”, currently set to 6,142 players, Novaquark’s technological feat shows the potential of Dual Universe to offer an unprecedented level of player emergent systemic interactions in a video game.
“The staggering number of concurrent players that Dual Universe is capable of handling is a game changer for players”, said Jean-Christophe Baillie, Founder and CEO of Novaquark, “The sheer amount of players able to interact with each other at any given time in the game will take the core elements of gameplay such as exploration, trading, PvP combat and crafting, to a whole new level.”
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- H1Z1 First Life Early Access Impressions
- Years have gone by since the zombie apocalypse has taken over the games industry, and the plague shows no signs of slowing in 2015.
- Supreme League of Patriots: Now Available
- Evil-doers beware, Phoenix Online Publishing and No Bull Intentions today announced the release of Supreme League of Patriots for PC, Mac and ...
- Dragon Enclave is Now Live in Arcane Legends
- Arcane Legends announces the release of its free content expansion, Dragon Enclave.