Akaneiro puts Spicy Horse Studios in debt
As the crowd-funding train keeps on rolling, one particular game studio ends up being set back despite their recent success on Kickstarter. Spicy Horse Studios, the indie develpoers behind Akaneiro: Demon Hunters, is now $1.7 million dollars in debt.
“In total, around 360 man-months have gone towards development, bringing our investment in dollars to nearly $2 million USD. In that same period, we’ve generated roughly 300kUSD in revenue – this includes funds collected via the Kickstarter campaign, F2P purchases in-game, and one-time purchases via Steam. In simple math: We’ve spent $2 million, we’ve made $300k, we’re “in the hole” $1.7 million.”
Due to this, the development team will be downsized and the development for the game will be moving in at a snail’s pace.
For more details, visit: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spicyhorse/akaneiro-demon-hunters/posts/732953
Articles You May Enjoy
- Scarlet Blade Reveals New PvP Information
- Prepare for it to rain scarlet when the ladies of Scarlet Blade get in the fighting mood!
- The Third Age Celebrates Beta Release
- Global games publisher Reality Squared Games (R2Games) has announced the release date for their new title The Third Age.
- Second Revamp Phase Hits Elsword
- Kill3rCombo has launched Phase Two of Elsword Awakened, a revamp project for the MMO.