Akaneiro puts Spicy Horse Studios in debt
As the crowd-funding train keeps on rolling, one particular game studio ends up being set back despite their recent success on Kickstarter. Spicy Horse Studios, the indie develpoers behind Akaneiro: Demon Hunters, is now $1.7 million dollars in debt.
“In total, around 360 man-months have gone towards development, bringing our investment in dollars to nearly $2 million USD. In that same period, we’ve generated roughly 300kUSD in revenue – this includes funds collected via the Kickstarter campaign, F2P purchases in-game, and one-time purchases via Steam. In simple math: We’ve spent $2 million, we’ve made $300k, we’re “in the hole” $1.7 million.”
Due to this, the development team will be downsized and the development for the game will be moving in at a snail’s pace.
For more details, visit: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spicyhorse/akaneiro-demon-hunters/posts/732953
Articles You May Enjoy
- Elsword Revamps PVP in Big Update
- A huge update launched today for Elsword, centered around their PVP system. KOG went all out in the first of a series of PVP revamps.
- Devilian Alpha Impressions
- Devilian’s a dungeon-crawling MMO that definitely feels like Diablo. It’s free-to-play, and a pretty intense action RPG to boot.
- Shadowrun Online Coming to Steam Early Access
- Shadowrun Online, the turn-based MMO successfully funded on Kickstarter, is coming to Steam Early Access on March 31.