Akaneiro puts Spicy Horse Studios in debt
As the crowd-funding train keeps on rolling, one particular game studio ends up being set back despite their recent success on Kickstarter. Spicy Horse Studios, the indie develpoers behind Akaneiro: Demon Hunters, is now $1.7 million dollars in debt.
“In total, around 360 man-months have gone towards development, bringing our investment in dollars to nearly $2 million USD. In that same period, we’ve generated roughly 300kUSD in revenue – this includes funds collected via the Kickstarter campaign, F2P purchases in-game, and one-time purchases via Steam. In simple math: We’ve spent $2 million, we’ve made $300k, we’re “in the hole” $1.7 million.”
Due to this, the development team will be downsized and the development for the game will be moving in at a snail’s pace.
For more details, visit: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spicyhorse/akaneiro-demon-hunters/posts/732953
Articles You May Enjoy
- Bless Online Details 70v70 PVP - Siege of Castra
- Yesterday we learned about a new PVP mode on the way to Bless Online, the 70v70 Siege of Castra!
- Age of Wushu: Winds of Destiny release date announced
- The snail team is happy to announce the release date for the upcoming expansion to Age of Wushu. The next expansion, called Winds of Destiny w...
- Combat Arms (EU): New clan tourney this month
- New clan tourney this month - Every clan will be automatically entered into the tournament