Marvel Contest of Champions Releases New Character – Venom the Duck
That’s right, Howard the Duck has taken on a new, terrifying form in Marvel Contest of Champions – Venom the Duck. The Symbiote Supreme has given an abomination life and thrust it into the Contest. This beast is driven by Venom’s insatiable bloodlust and Howard the Duck’s intellect and cunning, creating an aberration that the Contest has no choice but to deal with. Below are his stats, abilities, and signature ability. Seriously, guys. What the duck?
Base Stats & Abilities
*All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
- Without Signature: 3,774
- With Signature (99): 4,812
*All stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200
- Without Signature: 7,916
- With Signature (200): 9,859
Character Class: Cosmic
Basic Abilities: Bleed, Degeneration, Aberration, Toxic Armor
Aberration Effect – Builds from 0% to 100% over time
- When the continuous Aberration effect hits 100% it resets to 0% and a random Symbiote Buff from either category is gained.
- Each non-unique Symbiote Buff beyond the first suffers a stacking -10% Potency penalty. [Example: Symbiote Regen #5 will suffer -40% Potency compared to the first Symbiote Regen Buff].
Developer Note: Focusing on a single Buff to store in the RNA Bank will greatly reduce its potency. To get the most bang for your buck, you’re better off locking in multiple types of Buffs throughout the Quest.
Symbiote Buffs – Frenzy Category
- Fury: +775 Attack for 12 seconds.
- Precision: +500 Critical Rating for 12 seconds.
- Power Rate: +50% Power Gain Rate for 12 seconds.
Symbiote Buffs – Survival Category
- Armor Up: +1333 Armor Rating for 12 seconds.
- Regeneration: Recover 1546 Health over 12 seconds.
- Perfect Block: +25% Perfect Block Chance for 12 seconds.
- 55% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 954 direct damage over 5.5 seconds. If the opponent is Immune to this Bleed, Passive Degeneration is inflicted instead at a -25% damage penalty.
Developer Note: A Bleed will only convert into a Passive Degeneration effect if the opponent is naturally bleed immune. If they gain Bleed Immunity from an outside source (such as a Node) it will not convert into a Passive Degeneration effect.
Launch a Special Attack or Land a Heavy Attack
- All Symbiote Buffs are removed and stored in the RNA Bank. 3 Symbiote Buffs may be added to the RNA Bank each fight and up to 10 Buffs may be stored during each Quest. Buffs won’t be removed or stored if the per-Fight or per-Quest limits have been reached.
- All Symbiote Buffs stored in the RNA Bank are activated.
Developer Note: Buffs stored in the RNA Bank carry over from one fight to the next within the same quest. You can see the persistent charge icon (bottom right corner of Champion Portrait) to see how many Buffs are currently stored in the RNA Bank.
Special 1: Symbiotic Siphon – Barbed tendrils lash out and rip the opponent’s energy right from their body
- Each strike has a 85% chance to siphon an additional 72 health from the opponent as direct damage and feed it to the Aberration effect, gaining +10% charge.
Developer Note: This attack is great for building up the RNA Bank quickly early on in a quest or fight. Once you’re hit the per-Fight or per-Quest limit for the RNA Bank, it is better to switch to using either Special 2 (if they have high armor or shrug off debuffs), or Special 3 to activate the RNA Bank.
Special 2: Caustic Onslaught – A barrage of strikes from all directions followed by a volley of blistering shots leaves Venom the Duck’s foe broiling in their own armor.
- 75% chance to apply a Toxic Armor Buff to the opponent, increasing their Armor by 857 for 15 seconds. Striking an opponent that has Toxic Armor deals up to +90% additional direct damage based on how high the opponent’s Armor is.
Developer Note: Toxic Armor is a unique utility ability since it’s considered a Buff effect, meaning that many Champs will have a hard time removing it or being immune to it. This is a solid ability to increase damage output when fighting highly armored tech champions or skill champions that might shrug off Debuff effects constantly.
Special 3: Ravenous Ambush – Howard lays the bait and Venom consumes the greedy prey that wanders too close.
- This attack does not lock Symbiote Buffs into the RNA Bank but instead activates all Symbiote Buffs locked in the RNA Bank.
Developer Note: Using this attack to re-activate all the Buffs in the RNA Bank is only useful if the RNA Bank has been filled prior to activating the attack. Before the Bank has at least 3 Buffs in it, it is usually better to focus on Special 1 or Special 2 attacks.
Signature Ability: Symbiosis Apotheosis
- Twisted mutations grant the Aberration effect 25% charge at the start of the fight, as well as the following Special Attack enhancements:
- +30% siphon damage during Special 1.
- Toxic Armor gains +60% duration.
- 20% Aberration charge is gained after Special 3.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Auto Club Revolution begins open beta
- Auto Club Revolution, a free-to-play online racing game from Eutechnyx, has begun open beta testing.
- Successful open beta and new server for Silkroad-R
- Joymax has declared that Silkroad-R's open beta has been so successful, they are launching a new server, Gobi, to deal with the player po...