Snail Games gains “Virtual Operator” license in China
Today, Snail Games acquired the first “Virtual Operator” license from China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MITT), seeking expansion into the mobile platform, becoming the only game company in China to receive the license so far.
The Virtual Operator License will allow Snail to lease telecommunication network and hardware equipment to supply their own Telecom Services. In other words, Snail will now possess an exclusive Network, complete with in-house devices, customer service, operation & management system. With this announcement, Snail Games will be launching an exclusive online entertainment platform – The Snail Store. The Store aims to provide a well-rounded end user experience with better Data packages, personalized “butler”, customer service and a one-click access account to all games and applications including Age of Wushu, Black Gold Online and Voyage Century.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Firefall Gets Monthly ESports Tournament Series "Go4Firefall”
- Red 5 Studios™ today announced that Firefall’s first official Open Beta tournament series, Go4Firefall, begins Sunday, August 4.
- Let's Talk Casting: An Interview with HiRez Hinduman
- HiRez Studios is growing constantly, and we have another installment of The Caster coming soon, new faces are joining the scene.
- Das Tal Forges Ahead After Kickstarter Ends Unsuccessfully
- Das Tal's Kickstarter has come to an unfortunate close, only reaching around $33,000 of its $50,000 goal.