Established in 1999, and one of the longest running 3D MMORPGs in existence, EverQuest was the standard by which MMOs were judged until the coming of World of Warcraft in 2004. It recently had its 20th birthday, and still has an active player base to this day.
►20 years of MMORPG history, 10,000 active guilds across multiple servers, and a wide variety of content.
►Alternate Advancement allows you to specialize your character by spending experience points not on gaining levels, but on particular bonuses.
►Progression servers allow you to experience the game as it evolved over two decades.
Barbarian, Dark Elf, Drakkin, Dwarf, Erudite, Froglok, Gnome, Half-elf, Halfling, High Elf, Human, Iksar, Ogre, Troll, Vah Shir, Wood Elf.
Bard, Beastlord, Berserker, Cleric, Druid, Enchanter, Magician, Monk, Necromancer, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Shadow Knight, Shaman, Warrior, Wizard.
EverQuest has been in continual development throughout its 20 year history, despite having transitioned into a free-to-play game. In order of release, its expansions are:
Ruins of Kunark (2000), The Scars of Velious (2000), The Shadows of Luclin (2001), The Planes of Power (2002), The Legacy of Ykesha (2003), Lost Dungeons of Norrath (2003), Gates of Discord (2004), Omens of War (2004), Dragons of Norrath (2005), Depths of Darkhollow (2005), Prophecy of Ro (2006), The Serpent’s Spine (2006), The Buried Sea (2007), Secrets of Faydwer (2007), Seeds of Destruction (2008), Underfoot (2009), House of Thule (2010), Veil of Alaris (2011), Rain of Fear (2012), Call of the Forsaken (2013), The Darkened Sea (2014), The Broken Mirror (2015), Empires of Kunark (2016), Ring of Scale (2017), and The Burning Lands (2018)
Loads. From cosmetics to “all access subscription” which includes pay to win elements, Daybreak Games makes its money on EverQuest
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Mar 16, 1999
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Daybreak Game Company
- Publisher: Daybreak Game Company
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Steam
- +Incredible amount of variety in character creation and quests.
- +Good tutorial.
- +Unique 'Faction / Deity' system.
- +Good Music.
- -Combat and overall gameplay feels incredibly slow paced.
- -Dated interface.
- -Combat animations look clumsy.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
- CPU: Pentium® 4 equivalent or greater
- RAM: 2 GB
- GPU: NVIDIA 6800 or ATI x1800
- HDD: 15 GB
- Description: EverQuest is set in the enormous fantasy world of Norrath and has a whopping 15 unique classes and 16 different races. On top of that, players can choose from one of 17 deities to further customize their character.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Ashes of Creation's Creative Director Lays Out Content Roadmap Details
- Ashes of Creation's Creative Director Steven Sharif recently wrote a massive blog, going over what's gone on with Intrepid Studios.
- Gogogogo.com Announces Tata Blitz
- A new free-to-play shooter with an edge comes via gogogogo.com!