EverQuest II is Sony Online Entertainment’s second stand alone game that is set in the EverQuest universe. It is not a direct sequel, as the game takes place in a parallel universe rather than after the events of the original EverQuest. The game was originally released back in 2004, but was eventually re-released in July 2010 as a free to play game with a cash shop. The game has incredible graphics and audio and is a vast improvement over its predecessor. Since the game’s release, EverQuest II enjoyed 5+ major expansion packs and many smaller content updates. If you were a fan of the original EverQuest, or just looking for a new game to try, EverQuest II won’t disappoint, especially since it’s a free to play game now. The free to play restrictions have been mostly lifted now, leaving the game’s content vastly open for players to explore.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Nov 08, 2004
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Daybreak Games
- Publisher: Daybreak Games
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Incredible amount of variety
- +Huge variety of skills and advancements.
- +Large game world.
- +Solid interface.
- -Some annoying free to play restrictions.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 98 / 2000 / ME / XP / Vista
- CPU: Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz / AMD Equivalent
- RAM: 2 GB
- GPU: 128 MB 3D Graphics Card. (Geforce 6200 or better)
- HDD: 10 GB
- Description: EverQuest II is a 3D Fantasy MMORPG based upon the popular EverQuest. The game has vastly improved graphics and audio compared to its predecessor as well as much smoother combat and overall gameplay.
Articles You May Enjoy
- The Exiled News - Pricing Details Announced
- The Exiled has broken the silence and announced the official pricing scheme for the game ahead of its early access release.
- Alliance of Valiant Arms Review
- Like most modern MMOFPS games, Alliance of Valiant arms looks and plays smoothly.
- Game Update 04 Hits PlanetSide 2.
- Check out new updates for PlanetSide 2 including a new roadmap for March!