ArcheAge is a free to play, sandbox-style fantasy MMORPG. Play as one of two factions, or as an outcast of society.
A paid version exists, called ArcheAge Unchained.
►Make your mark through crafting, trading, crime, or waging war!
►The expansive world allows you to create player housing, farms, castles, and more to claim territory (With Patron status)
►Fight on land, sea, and air.
There are four playable races, split into two factions: the Nuians and Elves live on the western Nuia, and Firran and Harani live on the eastern Haranya.
The class system is not traditional: instead of picking a class, you pick three core skill sets (out of ten available). The combination of these three skill sets determines your actual ‘class,’ making 120 total combinations possible. You can see the full list of classes here. The skillsets are: Songcraft, Witchcraft, Auramancy, Defense, Shadowplay, Occultism, Vitalism, Archery, Sorcery and Battlerage.
Expansions – Update history viewable here.
The latest expansion, Ascension, brings a ton of new features to the MMORPG. Features in this expansion include
►Player Nations: Work hard toward becoming the Sovereign of your lands, and even earn an exclusive Sovereign-only mount.
►Castle Upgrades: Expand your castle with markets, farms, warehouses, and more. Don’t have a castle? Assist others and earn rewards for your work!
►Obsidian Tier 7: A new tier is available to be claimed, and tier 5 and 6 require less materials to craft.
►PvP Improvements: A new format for siege bidding, match making for arena, and new Arena rewards.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Sep 16, 2014
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: XL Games
- Publisher: Gamigo
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +120 possible classes from multiple skill sets you choose.
- +Huge player-driven economy and justice system.
- +Themepark elements help ease traditional MMO players into the sandbox realm.
- -Limitations on free players seem excessive.
- -Somewhat generic questing system.
- Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows Vista or 7 with Service Pack 1
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo or better.
- RAM: 2GB
- GPU: Geforce 8000 series, Radeon HD 4000 series better, with at least 512MB video memory.
- HDD: 30 GB
- Description: Enter an endless sandbox world where law and crime, trade and theft, war and peace, are all options!
Articles You May Enjoy
- Transformers Universe: Macro and Firebreaker Availble Soon
- Jagex has confirmed the arrival of fan favorite Autobot Macro into its third-person MOBA game, TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE. Macro is joined by his D...
- League of Legends: Zoe Champion Review
- Zoe is a duty-skirting cosmic messenger skipping across Summoner’s Rift with cute poise and deadly long range attacks.
- Cabal 2 Ruins of the Gods Content Update Announced
- Warriors, come out and play! ESTsoft, Inc. revealed details for its latest content update for CABAL 2, available starting Oct. 14.