Population Zero Gameplay Series: The Battle System
Population Zero offers a deeper dive into its active battle system.
via press release:
Population Zero’s battle system will test players’ skills and reflexes. The character can use melee combat and various hand-carried weapons: swords, spears, battle-axes, and mallets. Each weapon type has its own set of moves and animations. Players can link attacks in combos, block and evade incoming blows, use aerial strikes, and should constantly manage their stamina bar.
In the standard PvE game modes, players will fight against different mobs: wandering berserkers wielding swords and axes, bloodthirsty Kvars, horrid Scyphopods, colossal Sahrim, and other savage beasts. Victories in battles will reward players with valuable resources needed to craft special weapons and equipment.
After reaching account level 1, players will unlock the standard PvP mode. This 7-day cycle variation is for the experienced survivalists that desire to test their combat skills in clashes with human opponents – where everything and anything goes.
Multiple consecutive deaths increase mutation level which eventually transforms the character into an overpowered creature called the Void. In PvE modes entering the Void finishes the 7-day cycle, but in PvP it is a new beginning. The players that turned into the Void get a new set of skills and a new objective – exterminate all colonists. Despite having enormous strength and agility, the Void get only a single life.
Having been transformed into the Void, players can take revenge on their offenders, or team up with other mutants to bring chaos to the unfortunate settlers. However, the Void should be aware that a united, well-knit group of colonists can hunt them down and conquer the mighty giants. Thus the predator becomes the prey.
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Seal Online Prepares to Launch a Christmas Update
- Seal Online: Blades of Destiny announced that their Christmas Update is just a few days away, arriving on Dec. 18th.
- Dragon's Prophet Open Beta Music Video
- To get players pumped for E3 next week, Sony Online Entertainment today released an all-new Dragon's Prophet #SUPERMETAL music video, &qu...
- EVE: Source, the Guide to EVE Online's Universe, Now Available
- CCP Games and Dark Horse announce the release of EVE: Source, plus the second issue of EVE: True Stories.