Population Zero Gameplay Series: The Battle System
Population Zero offers a deeper dive into its active battle system.
via press release:
Population Zero’s battle system will test players’ skills and reflexes. The character can use melee combat and various hand-carried weapons: swords, spears, battle-axes, and mallets. Each weapon type has its own set of moves and animations. Players can link attacks in combos, block and evade incoming blows, use aerial strikes, and should constantly manage their stamina bar.
In the standard PvE game modes, players will fight against different mobs: wandering berserkers wielding swords and axes, bloodthirsty Kvars, horrid Scyphopods, colossal Sahrim, and other savage beasts. Victories in battles will reward players with valuable resources needed to craft special weapons and equipment.
After reaching account level 1, players will unlock the standard PvP mode. This 7-day cycle variation is for the experienced survivalists that desire to test their combat skills in clashes with human opponents – where everything and anything goes.
Multiple consecutive deaths increase mutation level which eventually transforms the character into an overpowered creature called the Void. In PvE modes entering the Void finishes the 7-day cycle, but in PvP it is a new beginning. The players that turned into the Void get a new set of skills and a new objective – exterminate all colonists. Despite having enormous strength and agility, the Void get only a single life.
Having been transformed into the Void, players can take revenge on their offenders, or team up with other mutants to bring chaos to the unfortunate settlers. However, the Void should be aware that a united, well-knit group of colonists can hunt them down and conquer the mighty giants. Thus the predator becomes the prey.
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- New Elfender server coming
- ClapAlong has announced that it will launch a second server for Elfender on January 4.
- WildStar Reveals Engineer and Medic Classes
- After four weeks of re-reveals, DevSpeak videos, Livestream sessions and a whole lot of new gameplay footage, Carbine Studios is finally ready...
- Line of Sight News - Launching as Free to Play on Jan 31
- Line of Sight, Blackspot Entertainment's latest online FPS, has announced it will launch free to play on Steam on January 31, 2017.