Vainglory’s PC Alpha Opens, Cross-Platform Competitive News and More
Super Evil Megacorp, the company behind award-winning MOBA Vainglory is entering a new chapter today. They have opened cross-platform play with competitive parity, beginning with the Vainglory 4.0 launch, which is now available on Windows. This update will hit macOS in early 2019 also. Super Evil has also launched a strategic partnership with the NetEase, to support Vainglory’s 4.0 cross-platform launch in China. Their goal is to ensure that the console-quality graphics, precision controls, and tactical depth will carry over to the PC version, and with competitive parity across all devices, players can choose the control style and platform that suits them best. All competitive esports play will therefore also enable PC and mobile cross-platform play from 2019 onward, with console play scheduled for 2019 as well. Those who join the PC alpha (below) will also receive the “Vox on Ice” skin as a reward.
“We believe gamers are gamers on any device and deserve to play together regardless of their native platform or preferred control mechanism,” said Kristian Segerstrale, CEO, Super Evil Megacorp. “By offering gameplay parity across billions of mobile phones, PCs, consoles, next-generation hybrid devices and more, we are building toward a post-platform vision where gamers can play and compete with anyone, anywhere.”
“China represents the lion’s share of the global gaming market, and in recent years has become a cauldron of innovation in the game industry,” added Kristian Segerstrale, CEO of Super Evil Megacorp. “We have a very exciting and close partnership with NetEase to not only publish our title in our category defining cross-platform MOBA experience for Chinese gamers, but to also learn from the local market for our global success.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dungeons and Dragons Online: Shadowfell Conspiracy Wheloon Details
- Turbine has announced today that players who have pre-ordered Dungeons and Dragons Online: Shadowfell Conspiracy prior to June 5 will receive ...
- Trove: Bomber Royale Receives Update
- A new update for Trove goes live today, as well as the new PVP mode, Trove: Battle Royale.
- Kingdom Under Fire II Announces November Release Date
- Gameforge announced today that pre-orders have begun for their upcoming MMO, Kingdom Under Fire II.