Torchlight Frontiers Becomes Torchlight III
Torchlight Frontiers, the horizontal-progression MMO based off the Torchlight franchise, is taking a step back to its roots – transforming into Torchlight III.
Max Schaefer, CEO of Echtra Games, said via press release:
When we started developing Torchlight Frontiers, we were focused on creating a shared-world experience. During development, you often discover what type of product a game was meant to be and we found Torchlight Frontiers was meant to be a true successor to Torchlight I & II. Based on this and extensive feedback from our Alpha testers, we decided it was time to take the game back to its roots and model it after the classic Torchlight games that ARPG fans have come to love. We’d like to thank our dedicated player base for supporting us and providing such insightful feedback during early development.
Torchlight III will return to linear progression akin to its predecessors, and keeps the same Torchlight features fans love. New features will also make a debut, including player-owned forts and a new relic system. Four classes will be available: Dusk Mage, Forged, Railmaster, and a final class that will soon be revealed.
More details are available at the official website.
Articles You May Enjoy
- RAPPELZ: Trials of Devildom Set for Release on September 12th
- Epic 9.5 is on the way for Rappelz and promises to bring a host of new features and challenges to the community, such as a new dungeon.
- Ship of Heroes Kickstarter Begins
- Heroic Games launched their long-anticipated Kickstarter for their new Heroes in Space MMORPG, Ship of Heroes, today.
- Mortal Online: Engine Upgrade & Oculus Rift Support
- Star Vault AB has just announced that Mortal Online has undergone some enormous changes and improvements over the past few months, include a n...