Torchlight Frontiers Becomes Torchlight III
Torchlight Frontiers, the horizontal-progression MMO based off the Torchlight franchise, is taking a step back to its roots – transforming into Torchlight III.
Max Schaefer, CEO of Echtra Games, said via press release:
When we started developing Torchlight Frontiers, we were focused on creating a shared-world experience. During development, you often discover what type of product a game was meant to be and we found Torchlight Frontiers was meant to be a true successor to Torchlight I & II. Based on this and extensive feedback from our Alpha testers, we decided it was time to take the game back to its roots and model it after the classic Torchlight games that ARPG fans have come to love. We’d like to thank our dedicated player base for supporting us and providing such insightful feedback during early development.
Torchlight III will return to linear progression akin to its predecessors, and keeps the same Torchlight features fans love. New features will also make a debut, including player-owned forts and a new relic system. Four classes will be available: Dusk Mage, Forged, Railmaster, and a final class that will soon be revealed.
More details are available at the official website.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Worlds of Magic PC Version Gone Gold and PS4 Version Announced
- Worlds of Magic will be the first 4X game ever released on PlayStation 4 console and developers confirm that there will be no changes in conte...
- Pre-Register Now to Compete in the Tribal Wars Spring Games
- InnoGames announces the opening of pre-registration for Tribal Wars' Spring Games tournament.
- Rusty Hearts reveals new information about Reborn expansion
- Perfect World Entertainment has revealed more information about the release of Rusty Hearts: Reborn, set to launch on July 24.