Torchlight Frontiers Becomes Torchlight III
Torchlight Frontiers, the horizontal-progression MMO based off the Torchlight franchise, is taking a step back to its roots – transforming into Torchlight III.
Max Schaefer, CEO of Echtra Games, said via press release:
When we started developing Torchlight Frontiers, we were focused on creating a shared-world experience. During development, you often discover what type of product a game was meant to be and we found Torchlight Frontiers was meant to be a true successor to Torchlight I & II. Based on this and extensive feedback from our Alpha testers, we decided it was time to take the game back to its roots and model it after the classic Torchlight games that ARPG fans have come to love. We’d like to thank our dedicated player base for supporting us and providing such insightful feedback during early development.
Torchlight III will return to linear progression akin to its predecessors, and keeps the same Torchlight features fans love. New features will also make a debut, including player-owned forts and a new relic system. Four classes will be available: Dusk Mage, Forged, Railmaster, and a final class that will soon be revealed.
More details are available at the official website.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Old-School Runescape Celebrates A Half Decade of Success
- Get out the party hats! Old-School Runescape has officially hit five years old, and to mark it, they're celebrating!
- Infinite Crisis: Hawkgirl Revealed
- Get an early look at Hawkgirl, the winged defender and latest champion from Infinite Crisis – the free-to-play MOBA from Turbine based in th...
- Ecol Tactics Online Announces Closed Beta Date
- March brings with it the start of testing for Ecol Tactics Online.