League of Legends Season 3 Final Date and Prize Pool Unveiled
Riot Games today unveiled plans for the Season 3 World Championship, the premier event for League of Legends professional esports on a global stage. Beginning 16 September, the best teams from each region around the world will descend on Southern California for a month of intense action, including semi-finals held at the Galen Center, the site of last year’s final. Once the dust settles, competitors will head downtown for the World Championship at the prestigious home of pro sports in Los Angeles – the Staples Center.
Taking place Friday, 4 October, the World Championship will be the pinnacle of pro League of Legends play this year, with the sport’s preeminent athletes battling in front of more than 10,000 live fans, plus millions more online. The winning team will be crowned the Season 3 world champion, walking away with the Summoner’s Cup and $1 million in cash. Tickets go on sale soon at lolesports.com and other associated ticketing outlets.
The road to the finals will not be easy. In the coming weeks, professional teams in each region will play in qualifier events around the world. The top 14 teams from North America, Korea, China, Southeast Asia, Europe, and an international wild-card will then head to Southern California for the World Playoffs. After a group stage and two critical single-elimination rounds, the two remaining teams advance to the Staples Center for an epic showdown.
Articles You May Enjoy
- SWTOR: Shadow of Revan Preview
- Zelus tries out the newest expansion of SWTOR - guess who's baaaaaack.
- Allstar Heroes: New mobile MOBA game coming soon
- Allstar Games, a newly launched UK focused arm of a successful Asian mobile publisher, is pleased to announce its arrival in the west with All...
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online Arctic Pack Available Today
- Ubisoft announced the first content expansion for the premium online free-to-play shooter, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Online. The Arctic Pack ...