Wargaming.net League Season 1 Kicks Off Competition
Wargaming, the leading free-to-play developer and publisher, today announced the official kick-off of Season 1 of the Wargaming.net League North America. Beginning tomorrow and running through July 28th, 16 teams will compete for not only bragging rights as the best World of Tanks team in North America, but also for a share of the $100,000 prize pool.
Once group play ends on July 28th, eight remaining teams will face off in the Season 1 Finals, scheduled to take place August 17th and 18th at the Treasure Island Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Season 1 play will consist of industry standard 7 versus 7 matches, as well as tier 8 limits on tanks and a 42 tier point limit per team.
The 16 teams qualified for Season 1 play include: Turtle Police, Strike, S.I.M.P., MOPP4, Fulcrum, The Cunninghams, Simple Tankers, Cazadores, Scurry Hard, Nerve, Ehrmagerd Caernavern, Simplistic, Wreak Havoc, Bear Huggers, River of Blood and Refuse 2 Die
Spectators and fans wanting to keep track of their favorite teams and watch matches live can do so via live stream at www.twitch.tv/wglna. Matches will be broadcast during group play from 5:00 -11:00 p.m. PST/PDT every Thursday through Sunday.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Rappelz Epic IX Part 3 Expansion Coming February
- Epic 9.3, the latest Rappelz expansion, will deliver new features and challenges for the Rappelz community.
- Echo of Soul Open Beta Begins Today
- Free-to-play fantasy MMORPG Echo of Soul has just kicked off its Open Beta test, Aeria Games announced today.
- Games of Glory Releases Spectating Client
- The first iteration of the new Spectating client, Spectator mode, lifts the fog of war allowing full visibility over both teams.