Infinity Wars: Reborn Reveals Major Overhaul
Infinity Wars, a digital trading card game with fully-animated cards combating in 3D battlefields, has received an enormous content update and a nearly-complete overhaul of its art and user interface.
Currently in beta, Infinity Wars: Reborn has taken its first step towards launch on Windows and Mac via Steam by launching the first of four waves of the new Rebellion Card Set. Developer Lightmare Studios and publisher Yodo1 plan to take the game out of beta and release Reborn in Q4 2016.
This week’s content update sports an expanded single-player campaign containing 21 missions. In addition to the new challenges, the campaign further develops Infinity Wars’ lore, which follows the interdimensional clash between eight playable factions.
Infinity Wars: Reborn’s beta update also expands on its predecessor’s player-versus-player (PvP) gameplay with the new Fixed Deck Arena mode, and introduces the first Designer Deck Bundle DLC, a set of six highly-competitive decks designed by ES, one of the top ranking players in the Infinity Wars community. Ideal for beginners, these decks were designed by top players in the community to level the playing field between newcomers and veterans.
By launch in Q4 2016 Infinity Wars: Reborn will introduce more than 100 new cards from the upcoming Rebellion Set; the first wave of these cards has arrived in this week’s update. These new cards will compliment the collection of over 750 cards currently available in the Infinity Wars universe.
“Many of Infinity Wars: Reborn’s improvements were inspired by feedback from thousands and thousands of players,” said Ian Underwood, Lead Designer, Lightmare Studios. “With all-new game modes, cards, improved art, an entirely new campaign and a more intuitive interface, Infinity Wars: Reborn improves and expands on elements gamers loved while adding a host of new content.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Hearthstone: The Grand Tournament Expansion Now Available
- This expansion brings over 130 knightly cards to the (round) table, along with exciting new game mechanics that will delight duelists.
- Guild Wars 2's 'Super Adventure Festival' Returns In Time for April Fool's Day
- April Fool's Day is coming, and it's one of our favorite times of the year! With it comes Guild Wars 2's Super Adventure Festiv...
- Underworld Ascendant: Reaches Base Funding Goal for Kickstarter
- OtherSide Entertainment has today passed its crowdfunding base goal of $600,000 for Underworld Ascendant, ahead of the Kickstarter campaign’...