Civilization VI Pre-Order Bonus Revealed
2K and Firaxis Games today revealed that Montezuma I will lead the Aztecs in Sid Meier’s Civilization VI and starting today, those who pre-order Civilization VI will exclusively gain early access* to the Aztec civ, when the game launches on October 21, 2016. After 90 days, this content will unlock for all Civilization VI players at no additional charge.
Montezuma I, born in 1398, was the fifth king of the city of Tenochtitlan and second emperor of the Aztecs. His 29-year reign was categorized by a major consolidation and expansion of the Aztec Empire, also known as the Triple Alliance, as well as enacting a new series of sumptuary laws – which aim to curb rampant consumption of goods and decadent lifestyles – that reinforced an already existing class system permeating every facet of Aztec life.
Montezuma I’s reign ended when he passed away from unknown causes in 1469 AD. He was succeeded by his 19-year-old son Axayacatl, who later sired Montezuma II – the Aztec leader who managed to lose it all to Hernan Cortes and his group of conquistadors.
You can learn more about the civilization in this new video.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Pathfinder Adventures: The Rise of the Goblins is coming!
- Obsidian Entertainment and Asmodee Digital are proud to announce that new content for role-playing card game Pathfinder Adventures is coming.
- Gloria Victis Finds Success on Greenlight in First Weekend
- Black Eye Games has pushed their indie sandbox fighter, Gloria Victis, onto the Steam Store's Greenlight and landed in the top 100 in the...
- Fire Island Arriving Soon For Digimon Masters
- For one month, Digimon Masters players can challenge the File Island, plus other new encounters, starting April 9.