Final Fantasy XIV Reveals Patch 6.2, Buried Memory
via press release
Square Enix has shared new information about Final Fantasy XIV’s upcoming Patch 6.2, titled “Buried Memory.” Scheduled to launch in late August, the update will include the next chapter of the ongoing Endwalker story, along with additional content including the Island Sanctuary. Players can look forward to:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The latest chapter in the story continues.
- New Side Quests – Tataru’s Grand Endeavor continues.
- New Dungeon – The Fell Court of Troia
- New Trial – A new challenge at both Normal and Extreme difficulties. Further details to be announced at a later date.
- New 8-Player Raid – Pandæmonium: Abyssos will be available in both Normal and Savage difficulties. The Savage difficulty raid is planned for release one week following the launch of Patch 6.2.
- New Unreal Trial – Battle against Sephirot in Containment Bay S1T7 (Unreal)
- PvP Updates – PvP Series 2 and Crystal Conflict Series 3 will begin with the release of Patch 6.2. Rival Wings will also resume, along with PvP action adjustments.
- Further Main Scenario Reworks:
- The Duty Support feature will be expanded to include main scenario dungeons from Snow Cloak through The Vault.
- The Steps of Faith Trial will be reworked into a Solo Quest Battle
- Thornmarch Trial will be revamped
- Miscellaneous Updates – Additional content including job adjustments for both PvE and PvP, updates to Adventurer Plates, Glamour Dresser expansion from 400 to 800 slots, and more.
Additionally, details were also shared about what content will be coming at a slightly later date, as part of Patch 6.25:
- New Side Quests – Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures continue in Patch 6.25.
- New Weapon Enhancement Quests – Players can obtain and enhance Manderville Weapons throughout the Patch 6.x series, which will unlock through the Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures questline.
- New Tribal Quests: Omicron – Disciples of the Land focused quests
- New “Variant Dungeons” Battle Content – Previously called “Criterion Dungeons,” players can enjoy this new variable-difficulty dungeon content—beginning with Sil’dihn Subterrane—designed for between 1-4 players, with the difficulty of enemies scaling depending on party size. Dungeons will feature branching routes, which change depending on player action within the dungeon.
- Another Path: Criterion Dungeons – High difficulty four-player content, which features a visually similar area to the Variant Dungeons, but will have a set route. The Criterion Dungeon content will feature two options of varying difficulties, each with their own unique set of rules and characteristics.
The full letter can be viewed here.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Digimon Masters Celebrates First Anniversary
- Joymax is celebrating the first year anniversary of Digimon Masters Online.
- Hearthstone Update 10.2 Is Live
- Good news for Hearthstone fans! Update 10.2 is here, the first major update of 2018.
- Guns and Robots Begins Closed Beta
- Guns and Robots, Masthead Studios' latest developed online shooter, is now in closed beta testing.