EVE Online Invites Players to Explore ‘Secrets of the Abyss’
A limited-time event has begun in EVE Online, lasting from August 21st until September 4th. In that time, players can descend further into the Abyssal Deadspace, and seek out the Secrets of the Abyss. There are exciting new rewards that go along with the treacherous challenges that await, and this update will also bring the revamped New Player Experience (NPE) to EVE Online. There are a wealth of quality-of-life improvements to the combat path that are in this update. In addition, the NPE has a new starter site for rookie pilots and a new Agency UI for training tasks/combat challenges that will help Alpha Clones get right into action faster. The CONCORD’s suspect flagging system has been compromised, and this allows deeper portions of the Abyssal Deadspace to be explored, and these challenges can be accessed at The Agency via their Neocom menu.
Completed challenges will see players racking up Agency points that can be exchanged for exceptional rewards. You can now also keep track of your challenge progress from the info panel, as well as claiming your challenge rewards and getting quick access to The Agency home. The unique and exclusive, time-limited rewards Armor Repairer and Shield Booster Mutaplasmids, three exclusive Singularity Storm SKINs for Triglavian hulls and the Cerebral Accelerator will only be given out for successful completion of event challenges, and only during the Secrets of the Abyss event.
“The initial state of the new NPE focuses on setting the stage for much bigger things to come. The changes we’ve made behind the curtains in this installment will allow us to revamp the base experience as a whole, so it introduces EVE Online to new pilots better. Keep your eyes peeled for further updates soon.” – said Linzi Campbell, Senior Game Designer
Articles You May Enjoy
- Everquest Next Worldwide Debut at SOE Live
- Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) today announced that its annual community fan event, SOE Live, is officially sold out of advance passes, a...
- Valkyrie Anatomia - The Origin - Announces Octopath Traveler Collaboration
- This morning, WonderPlanet Inc. announced that Valkyrie Anatomia - The Origin - will be teaming up with Octopath Traveler.
- Wildstar: New details revealed for 2015
- Product Directo Mike Donatelli of Carbine Studios has just revealed new details for their Sci-Fi MMORPG, Wildstar. These details include new s...