Black Gold Online Devs Talk Faction Inspiration
Snail Games has released a new developer diary zeroing in on the artistic styles and clashing worlds that define their upcoming Steampunk Fantasy Faction Warfare MMORPG, Black Gold Online. And while at a glance some might mistakenly see it as simplistic tech vs nature warfare, a much deeper truth of inspiration exists.
Isenhorst for instance draws its background on a future western setting accented by Victorian style mixed into a society run by Steampunk mechanisms. They carry all the hope and glory of the expansionist era along with the realistic modern dread of resource monopolization and limited supplies.
Erlandir on the other hand is built out of a combination of primarily Mayan and Polynesian cultures, but with plenty of reference to lesser known tribal societies from around the world. Transforming the natural world into living weapons to defend their bountiful landscape is the driving motivation of these people, seeing Isenhorst as a sharp corruption of their ideals.
Be sure to catch the official post for more artwork and the full discussion.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Lore Behind the Skyforge Logo Revealed
- Today, Obsidian Entertainment has shared a story on the official Skyforge website that explains some of the lore behind the upcoming fantasy M...
- Rocket League AquaDome Available Today
- Psyonix has announced that the Rocket League AquaDome update will be available for download later today.
- Elsword Expands Service to Latin America
- After years of waiting, players in Latin America will finally have their own service for the hit free to play action MMORPG, Elsword.