Black Gold Online Devs Talk Faction Inspiration
Snail Games has released a new developer diary zeroing in on the artistic styles and clashing worlds that define their upcoming Steampunk Fantasy Faction Warfare MMORPG, Black Gold Online. And while at a glance some might mistakenly see it as simplistic tech vs nature warfare, a much deeper truth of inspiration exists.
Isenhorst for instance draws its background on a future western setting accented by Victorian style mixed into a society run by Steampunk mechanisms. They carry all the hope and glory of the expansionist era along with the realistic modern dread of resource monopolization and limited supplies.
Erlandir on the other hand is built out of a combination of primarily Mayan and Polynesian cultures, but with plenty of reference to lesser known tribal societies from around the world. Transforming the natural world into living weapons to defend their bountiful landscape is the driving motivation of these people, seeing Isenhorst as a sharp corruption of their ideals.
Be sure to catch the official post for more artwork and the full discussion.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dominations' Big Huge Games Partners with History Channel
- Nexon and Big Huge Games are proud to announce that they're teaming up with the History Channel and their competition series Forged in Fi...
- Seldon Crisis: Kickstarter Campaign now available
- Chaos Interactive Ltd. today launched a 30-day Kickstarter campaign for the independent developer’s recently announced open world sci-fi MMO...
- Wrath of Sparta Campaign Pack Out Now For Total War: Rome II
- Wrath of Sparta is a massive expansion that lets you define the very destiny of ancient Greece.