Age of Wushu: The Meridian System
On April 10th, Age of Wushu will be officially launching. Along with all the unlimited time, players will also be able to access the Meridian System. The Meridian System is a completely new method of cultivation and growing in game. It is based on Ancient Chinese beliefs of the flowing of Chi through the body, a belief that is directly related to modern day acupuncture. In-game, accessing and breaking through these channels allow the player boost abilities even more than normal cultivation. Breaking through more channels and mastering more meridians can not only boost abilities, but also change the way player’s set up skills altogether.
There are nine meridians that can be accessed in total. One is a Jianghu method Meridian that is not defined to the sets of one particular school, while the other eight are learned as the Internal Skills of that school are learned. The Qi Gathering in Tanden meridian unlocks the first accupoint when the Self Recollection Internal Skill hits Level 20.School based meridians open different accupoints as you learn more tiers of Internal Skills from that school. Since a player can learn the Internal skills of different schools a player can unlock all the meridians overtime.
Cultivating a Meridian requires Chi. Chi can only be collected through continuous battles. Players select the Meridian that they wish to “level-up” then begin to pool chi together through constant fighting and combat. Because of the added bonuses that a player can gain from the cultivation of Meridians, they can prove to be a mighty vantage in a battle with someone of slightly stronger basic skills.
As a Meridian becomes more cultivated and more accupoints open through Internal Skill cultivations, a player will collect Skill Points. These points are used in a Martial Skill Bar within the Meridian System to diminish certain skills’ cooldown times. This will allow players more customizing options between actions. Meridians hold some great power, but take a lot of “practice” to harness that power. Fighting and focus on your skills can lead you on the path to an even more powerful, and faster, Martial Arts Master.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Mikedot's MMO Predictions 2016 - The Rise of Action Arena eSports
- As MMORPGs slowly continue to dwindle in popularity and MOBAs remain in the spotlight, the industry seems to be fixated on competitive gaming.
- Hirez Roundup #12: Comfort Zones
- Next week, I promise I'll have some non-Hirez related content for you guys! But I still had some stuff to cover today.
- Dungeon of the Endless: Rougelike RPG coming October 27th
- The quirky and colorful rogue-like dungeon defense game that first reared its head on Early Access in December 2013 has reached the final stag...