Wargaming League: HellRaisers Wins Grand Finals Tourney
The Grand Finals 2015 marked the biggest eSports event in Wargaming’s yearly calendar, uniting fans and players from around the globe. Two days of exhilarating tank combat have finally come to end, with CIS team HellRaisers crowned The Grand Finals 2015 champions. Over April 25–26 at the EXPO XXI in Warsaw, 12 teams battled it out, treating thousands of spectators to shocking victories, brutal annihilations and underdog comebacks in search of a slice of $300,000.
“This event left us speechless,” said Mohamed Fadl, Global Head of eSports at Wargaming. “We knew that the top teams have a huge fan base but to see tens of thousands of them joining us to watch their stars play for the world championship was truly breathtaking. We have a new world champion, and we saw so many big surprises during these two days. This is just the beginning of a long journey for all of us, and we can’t wait for the next The Grand Finals to be even bigger and better.”
The final saw HellRaisers, a team who had shocked everyone by defeating last year’s champions Na’Vi, go head-to-head with EL Gaming. In the end, it was a decisive victory for HellRaisers, who conquered their opponents 7:1.
“It’s been the best, most significant tournament for HellRaisers,” said Yuriy Buharov, Manager of HellRaisers. “The competition was both stressful and exhilarating. We gave our all, fought tooth and nail, and won! The work Wargaming has done to organize an event this massive at such a quality level impressed all of us. Tournaments like The Grand Finals push the entire eSports industry forward, bringing it closer to popular real life sports of today, and it’s great being a part of this revolutionary trend.”
For more info, visit http://na.wgleague.net
Articles You May Enjoy
- Super Dungeon Bros Confirms Worldwide Retail Release
- Wired Productions announced a global retail distribution deal with Nordic Games to deliver a physical retail release of SDB.
- Rise of Incarnates Review
- Bandai Namco has recently released their newest “fighting game” title called Rise of Incarnates onto Steam’s Early Access program. This ...
- Skylancer launches open beta
- Alaplaya has announced the start of open beta for its new browser-based strategy game, Skylancer: Battle for Horizon.