RuneScape Unveils Botany Bay
Jagex has released their largest anti-bot release today, teasingly titled Botany Bay. Since 2011, the company has taken large strides to eliminate the botting practice from their game, where players use illegal third party programs in order to give themselves an advantage with skill building.
From this point, players caught botting will receive two warnings to stop, with the third resulting in a permanent ban from the RuneScape servers. Each warning also changes the player’s avatar to let others know they were caught botting. The final warning will transfer them to a new area, dubbed Botany Bay, to await final judgement from the community. These trials let the community decide on the ultimate fate of the avatar, be it squashed by a dragon, or incinerated by the gods.
Jagex also publishes War of Legends.
RuneScape “Botany Bay” Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Aura Kingdom Launches Into Closed Beta
- Aeria Games and X-LEGEND have joined together once more to bring us the highly anticipated MMO: Aura Kingdom, which has launched for closed be...
- Year of EverQuest Continues To Look Ahead
- Sony Online Entertainment celebrates the 15th anniversary of EverQuest with new content for all three EverQuest franchise games.
- FFXIV ARR: Patch 2.3 Now Available
- Square Enix® today announced Defenders of Eorzea®, also known as Patch 2.3, for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn® is now available. The ne...