RuneScape Unveils Botany Bay
Jagex has released their largest anti-bot release today, teasingly titled Botany Bay. Since 2011, the company has taken large strides to eliminate the botting practice from their game, where players use illegal third party programs in order to give themselves an advantage with skill building.
From this point, players caught botting will receive two warnings to stop, with the third resulting in a permanent ban from the RuneScape servers. Each warning also changes the player’s avatar to let others know they were caught botting. The final warning will transfer them to a new area, dubbed Botany Bay, to await final judgement from the community. These trials let the community decide on the ultimate fate of the avatar, be it squashed by a dragon, or incinerated by the gods.
Jagex also publishes War of Legends.
RuneScape “Botany Bay” Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Battle of Beasts: New Fantasy Browser Game Now Available
- upjers, the developer and publisher of renowned browser games has unleashed the pugnacious monsters of Battle of Beasts. Now all players can p...
- Outcast Odyssey: Card Design Contest Hosted by DeviantArt
- DeviantArt and BANDAI NAMCO Games will be partnering for an exciting new character design contest for the popular Outcast Odyssey card battle ...
- Robocraft: PVP mode "Legends of The Pit" Now Available
- Indie developer Freejam is pleased to announce the release of the latest game mode, “Legends of The Pit”, for their hit crafting-shooter M...