RuneScape Unveils Botany Bay
Jagex has released their largest anti-bot release today, teasingly titled Botany Bay. Since 2011, the company has taken large strides to eliminate the botting practice from their game, where players use illegal third party programs in order to give themselves an advantage with skill building.
From this point, players caught botting will receive two warnings to stop, with the third resulting in a permanent ban from the RuneScape servers. Each warning also changes the player’s avatar to let others know they were caught botting. The final warning will transfer them to a new area, dubbed Botany Bay, to await final judgement from the community. These trials let the community decide on the ultimate fate of the avatar, be it squashed by a dragon, or incinerated by the gods.
Jagex also publishes War of Legends.
RuneScape “Botany Bay” Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- LuckCatchers Alpha Progress Dev Interview
- This November, a new free-to-play open world MMO appeared on Steam - LuckCatchers.
- Path of Exile: ExileCon Approaches With Major News
- ExileCon, Path of Exile's major convention, takes place on November 16 and 17 in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Super Evil Megacorp Announces Official Launch Date for Vainglory
- Vainglory developer Super Evil Megacorp today revealed that the official commercial launch date for the critically acclaimed MOBA.