RuneScape Unveils Botany Bay
Jagex has released their largest anti-bot release today, teasingly titled Botany Bay. Since 2011, the company has taken large strides to eliminate the botting practice from their game, where players use illegal third party programs in order to give themselves an advantage with skill building.
From this point, players caught botting will receive two warnings to stop, with the third resulting in a permanent ban from the RuneScape servers. Each warning also changes the player’s avatar to let others know they were caught botting. The final warning will transfer them to a new area, dubbed Botany Bay, to await final judgement from the community. These trials let the community decide on the ultimate fate of the avatar, be it squashed by a dragon, or incinerated by the gods.
Jagex also publishes War of Legends.
RuneScape “Botany Bay” Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Battleline Steel Warfare Enters Closed Beta
- BANDAI NAMCO Games America today announces the first beta for their upcoming free-to-play title, BATTLELINE: STEEL WARFARE for PC. The game ha...
- Path of Exile Celebrates One Month Since Launch & Adds Supporter Packs
- Grinding Gear Games today announced that their popular action RPG, Path of Exile, has exceeded initial expectations just one month after the g...
- WildStar Gives Back To The Community
- Carbine’s philosophy of “The Devs Are Listening” extends beyond those that are creating the game; it’s also a mantra the Community tea...