Red 5 Studios and Webzen settle dispute
Firefall game developer Red 5 Studios and Webzen have ended a legal dispute over obligations and development costs.
The agreement places publishing and development solely in Red 5 Studios’ hands, including in Asian territories. Meanwhile, Webzen will be compensated for development fees and through future Firefall revenue, although they will lose all publishing and marketing interests in the title.
Firefall Gameplay Screenshot
RED 5 STUDIOS AND WEBZEN HAVE AGREED TO END THE DISPUTE
[Provided by Red 5 Korea] – September 29th, 2011 – Red 5 Studios, Inc. (“Red 5”) announced that it has entered into a settlement agreement with Webzen, Inc. to resolve all the legal disputes between them, including withdrawal of all pending legal claims against the other.
Under this agreement, Webzen will receive compensation for the prior development fees paid to Red 5 and also will share in future revenue generated from Red 5’s game entitled Firefall for a certain period of time. Red 5 and its affiliated company received the global publishing rights under the settlement agreement. Webzen will no longer be involved in marketing and publishing Firefall in any territory as a result of this agreement.
Mark Kern, CEO of Red 5 Studios said, “Given the resolution of all disputes and conflicts between our two companies I would like to ask for our fans, especially Chinese and Korean gamers,’ continuous encouragement and support in Firefall and Red 5.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Firefall Manga Coming Soon
- Red 5 Studios, developer of Firefall, has announced their upcoming manga, Firefall Affinity, will be released June 5 with a new video.
- SMITE NA LAN Kickoff Tournament Features Massive Upset
- While we'll have a recap coverage video posting on MMOHuts' youtube later this week including a victory interview with Cog Red'...
- World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition Available for Free This Weekend
- Wargaming is happy to announce that this weekend they’ll be opening up the game to players who don’t have Xbox Live Gold account status.