Red 5 Studios and Webzen settle dispute
Firefall game developer Red 5 Studios and Webzen have ended a legal dispute over obligations and development costs.
The agreement places publishing and development solely in Red 5 Studios’ hands, including in Asian territories. Meanwhile, Webzen will be compensated for development fees and through future Firefall revenue, although they will lose all publishing and marketing interests in the title.
Firefall Gameplay Screenshot
RED 5 STUDIOS AND WEBZEN HAVE AGREED TO END THE DISPUTE
[Provided by Red 5 Korea] – September 29th, 2011 – Red 5 Studios, Inc. (“Red 5”) announced that it has entered into a settlement agreement with Webzen, Inc. to resolve all the legal disputes between them, including withdrawal of all pending legal claims against the other.
Under this agreement, Webzen will receive compensation for the prior development fees paid to Red 5 and also will share in future revenue generated from Red 5’s game entitled Firefall for a certain period of time. Red 5 and its affiliated company received the global publishing rights under the settlement agreement. Webzen will no longer be involved in marketing and publishing Firefall in any territory as a result of this agreement.
Mark Kern, CEO of Red 5 Studios said, “Given the resolution of all disputes and conflicts between our two companies I would like to ask for our fans, especially Chinese and Korean gamers,’ continuous encouragement and support in Firefall and Red 5.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade Coming to North America
- DeNA and Square Enix have announced that after its success in Japan, Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade will be coming to mobile phone users in No...
- Playwith Bringing R.O.H.A.N. II to Western Markets in 2016
- Playwith, an online PC game developer, has announced "R.O.H.A.N. II" will be coming to the western PC market in early 2016, as the t...
- Legacy of Discord: The Legend Unfolds in Latest Update
- GTArcade's mobile game Legacy of Discord - Furious Wings has released a new update, Version 2.3, which introduces the game's legend.