Haven-worlds arrive in WAKFU on June 18th
In terms of Housing, Ankama had already innovated with the Haven-bag, kind of little portable home. This time, the game WAKFU goes even further with a new system of guild housing, real innovation in the MMO universe, which will also encourage rivalries.
Indeed, starting June 18th, game possibilities never seen before will be available, since players will then be able to create, develop and manage those miniature worlds. It won’t be possible for every guild to obtain a Haven-World once they’re released, but these territories will stay accessible for all players.
“We’ve tried to give players the possibility to develop and cultivate virgin territory using all of the game’s elements, according to their desires. This was a big task because we had to anticipate problems of environmental balance that could rise. As these worlds are under the control of players themselves, they go further than existing housing systems and will impact the rest of the game”, explains Jérôme Echalard, WAKFU Lead game Designer. “Haven-Worlds are spaces entirely created by players for players. We’ve listened to the players advice carefully and used them in order to make this feature”.
Once a Haven-World is obtained through a bid system, a quite sizeable zone will be provided to guild members, which they’ll be able to kit out as they like by constructing numerous buildings. They’ll have the possibility to develop their crafting, farming, or even commerce activities; to organize events; host PvP battles; use it as a storage area…
It will be possible to personalize the buildings. Some will be blank and their interior can be customized in accordance with the purpose the guilds wish to give them (game room, book store…).
Choices in the use of the territory will have very important consequences over the rest of the game since the buildings will give bonuses to players.
Each Haven-World, like each region, will have a Prims that can be attacked by other guilds starting in July. If the guild loses control of its Haven-World’s Prims, their Haven-World will only receive half of the bonuses. Therefore, guilds will try everything in their power to defend their Haven-World.
“We’ve tried to make it so that all players will have an interest in visiting these Haven-Worlds, even those who don’t have one”, adds Jérôme Echalard.
Articles You May Enjoy
- League of Legends: Aatrox, the Darkin Blade Champion Spotlight
- Aatrox belongs to the ancient race known as the Darkin and his combination of mobility and survivability should suit those with an aggressive ...
- EVE Online: Oceanus Feature Site Now Available
- EVE Online’s Oceanus release feature site went up today, along with an in-development video highlighting the changes coming in the September...
- Elsword's Costume Creation Contest 2014 Now Open
- The popular contest creation contest for Elsword is now open to players who want to try their hand at costume design and win some awesome priz...