H1Z1 Announces Game Split and No F2P Plans
Daybreak Games announced this past weekend that it will be splitting H1Z1 into two separate games.
Stating that the decision was made to support both the Survival and Battle Royale aspects of the game, Daybreak confirmed that H1Z1 will become two titles as of February 17, 2016. H1Z1: Just Survive will focus on the open-world zombie survival experience, while H1Z1: King of the Kill (KotK) will focus on Battle Royale and other fight-to-the-death game modes. King of the Kill will be brought out of Early Access this summer.
Daybreak also confirmed in its announcement FAQ that it has no plans to make either H1Z1 a free-to-play title.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Skara: The Blade Remains: Steam Early Access build launches today
- 8 Bit, the indie development studio based in Barcelona, Spain and London, UK, are today launching the Steam Early Access version of its revolu...
- Dark Blood Opens The Cave of the Abyss
- Dark Blood is getting in the Halloween mood with the release of the Cave of the Abyss.
- Devilian First Closed Beta Runs October 22-26
- Trion Worlds today published a producer’s letter announcing the first closed beta period for Devilian.