H1Z1 Announces Game Split and No F2P Plans
Daybreak Games announced this past weekend that it will be splitting H1Z1 into two separate games.
Stating that the decision was made to support both the Survival and Battle Royale aspects of the game, Daybreak confirmed that H1Z1 will become two titles as of February 17, 2016. H1Z1: Just Survive will focus on the open-world zombie survival experience, while H1Z1: King of the Kill (KotK) will focus on Battle Royale and other fight-to-the-death game modes. King of the Kill will be brought out of Early Access this summer.
Daybreak also confirmed in its announcement FAQ that it has no plans to make either H1Z1 a free-to-play title.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Vindictus Early Access Open Beta Has Begun
- The early access open beta testing phase for Nexon's latest free to play MMORPG Vindictus went live late in the day on September 15, 2010...
- Rappelz Epic 9.4 Arrives September 27
- Webzen has announced that Rappelz Epic 9.4, "The Expedition," will launch on September 27.
- Brick-Force begins closed beta
- Brick Force, a unique new shooter published by Infernum, has begun closed beta testing.