H1Z1 Announces Game Split and No F2P Plans
Daybreak Games announced this past weekend that it will be splitting H1Z1 into two separate games.
Stating that the decision was made to support both the Survival and Battle Royale aspects of the game, Daybreak confirmed that H1Z1 will become two titles as of February 17, 2016. H1Z1: Just Survive will focus on the open-world zombie survival experience, while H1Z1: King of the Kill (KotK) will focus on Battle Royale and other fight-to-the-death game modes. King of the Kill will be brought out of Early Access this summer.
Daybreak also confirmed in its announcement FAQ that it has no plans to make either H1Z1 a free-to-play title.
Articles You May Enjoy
- StarCitizen Development Update - Social Module
- Backing a game is always a tricky thing. The vision of the game you want is rarely the exact same thing the designers are setting out to make.
- Cabal II PAX South Preview
- For old fans of the series, and new players curious alike, Cabal II is promising to be a real treat.
- Riders of Icarus Exarahn Badlands Update Now Live
- Today Riders of Icarus gets its second massive update, adding large-scale PvP battlegrounds in the Exarahn Badlands.