H1Z1 Announces Game Split and No F2P Plans
Daybreak Games announced this past weekend that it will be splitting H1Z1 into two separate games.
Stating that the decision was made to support both the Survival and Battle Royale aspects of the game, Daybreak confirmed that H1Z1 will become two titles as of February 17, 2016. H1Z1: Just Survive will focus on the open-world zombie survival experience, while H1Z1: King of the Kill (KotK) will focus on Battle Royale and other fight-to-the-death game modes. King of the Kill will be brought out of Early Access this summer.
Daybreak also confirmed in its announcement FAQ that it has no plans to make either H1Z1 a free-to-play title.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Mighty Party Now Available on Steam
- Panoramik Inc. has announced that its online card collectable RPG, Mighty Party, is now available on Steam.
- Gloria Victis Finds Success on Greenlight in First Weekend
- Black Eye Games has pushed their indie sandbox fighter, Gloria Victis, onto the Steam Store's Greenlight and landed in the top 100 in the...
- Elite: Dangerous: Pricing and Pre-order Details Released
- Frontier Developments plc (AIM: FDEV) today announced pricing details for the release version of Elite: Dangerous along with additional infor...