H1Z1 Announces Game Split and No F2P Plans
Daybreak Games announced this past weekend that it will be splitting H1Z1 into two separate games.
Stating that the decision was made to support both the Survival and Battle Royale aspects of the game, Daybreak confirmed that H1Z1 will become two titles as of February 17, 2016. H1Z1: Just Survive will focus on the open-world zombie survival experience, while H1Z1: King of the Kill (KotK) will focus on Battle Royale and other fight-to-the-death game modes. King of the Kill will be brought out of Early Access this summer.
Daybreak also confirmed in its announcement FAQ that it has no plans to make either H1Z1 a free-to-play title.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Fairy Tail: Hero's Journey Closed Beta Begins on Sept. 7
- GameSamba has announced today that the closed beta for the upcoming Fairy Tale: Hero's Journey will begin on September 7th, at 7:00pm PDT...
- Dawngate Beta Impressions
- The company behind this game is Waystone Games, a studio most of you are probably hearing about for the first time. Dawngate is actually their...
- Lineage 2 Server Mergers Announced
- Earlier this week NCSoft announced some server mergers for their pay to play MMORPG Lineage 2. All five current US servers will be merged into...