Free to Play in Plans for Asheron’s Call
An update today from Turbine on the Asheron’s Call forums looks ahead to the tenative future of the game – including making it available to play for free.
The game is set to add the February update on March 4, which introduces several new features for players including a new coliseum, Paragon weapons, and an enlightenment system. This update, however, will be the last major update to the game, as Asheron’s Call will then shift into maintenance mode, which many players predicted after news of Turbine layoffs earlier this month.
However, there are two major plans still in store for Asheron’s Call. The first is to make the game free to all active accounts, offering Asheron’s Call and Asheron’s Call 2 as a gift to loyal players. The second will be to allow players to run their own Asheron’s Call servers for those tech savvy enough to create and maintain them.
The full details on this update and changes can be read here.
Articles You May Enjoy
- 4:33 Creative Lab Reveals Monster Super League
- 4:33 Creative Lab revealed its latest action-packed, collection mobile role-playing game (RPG), Monster Super League – coming soon worldwide...
- Rogue Rocket Games to Bring First Wonder to Consoles, Passes Steam Greenlight
- Rogue Rocket Games today announces a partnership to bring their upcoming First Wonder to consoles.
- Camelot Unchained Previews Silverhand Race
- Today City State Entertainment ended the full month long backstory behind the Silverhand race's origins for Sandbox realm warfare MMORPG,...