Free to Play in Plans for Asheron’s Call
An update today from Turbine on the Asheron’s Call forums looks ahead to the tenative future of the game – including making it available to play for free.
The game is set to add the February update on March 4, which introduces several new features for players including a new coliseum, Paragon weapons, and an enlightenment system. This update, however, will be the last major update to the game, as Asheron’s Call will then shift into maintenance mode, which many players predicted after news of Turbine layoffs earlier this month.
However, there are two major plans still in store for Asheron’s Call. The first is to make the game free to all active accounts, offering Asheron’s Call and Asheron’s Call 2 as a gift to loyal players. The second will be to allow players to run their own Asheron’s Call servers for those tech savvy enough to create and maintain them.
The full details on this update and changes can be read here.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Wizards of the Coast Teams With the Russo Brothers for Magic: The Gathering Animated Series
- For the first time in Magic: The Gathering's illustrious 25-year history, will it finally receive its own animated series!
- Demon Slayer arrives in MapleStory
- The last of the Legends characters joined MapleStory this week - the Demon Slayer.
- Game On! A GameLit Anthology Available on Kindle
- What happens when gaming is your life? Explore the fast-paced world of GameLit in these ten stories by bestselling, award-winning authors.