Free to Play in Plans for Asheron’s Call
An update today from Turbine on the Asheron’s Call forums looks ahead to the tenative future of the game – including making it available to play for free.
The game is set to add the February update on March 4, which introduces several new features for players including a new coliseum, Paragon weapons, and an enlightenment system. This update, however, will be the last major update to the game, as Asheron’s Call will then shift into maintenance mode, which many players predicted after news of Turbine layoffs earlier this month.
However, there are two major plans still in store for Asheron’s Call. The first is to make the game free to all active accounts, offering Asheron’s Call and Asheron’s Call 2 as a gift to loyal players. The second will be to allow players to run their own Asheron’s Call servers for those tech savvy enough to create and maintain them.
The full details on this update and changes can be read here.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dungeon of the Endless Releases Organic Matters DLC
- Amplitude Studios has officially unlocked the all new Organic Matters update for rogue-like, dungeon-defense hit, Dungeon of the Endless.
- Escape from Tarkov - Closed Beta Active Now
- The closed beta for Escape from Tarkov is now officially live! All early access packages now have access to the game.
- EvoCreo Android Mobile Review
- EvoCreo is a 2D RPG developed for Android and iOS by IlmFinity.