Goliath is an upcoming 3D action adventure game developed by Whalebox Studio and will be available on Steam. After accidentally slipping through a rift into a world full of ruins from various civilizations, you’ll need to survive by collecting resources and aligning with factions that have already been warring over this foreign world. By scavenging for items you can craft basic survival tools, create shelters to stay safe, and even construct massive, controllable, mechanical suits called Goliaths from materials like wood and metal. Even more unique materials to craft your Goliaths with can be found with enough strength and diligence. After creation, a Goliath can even be outfitted with a variety of different weapons to serve the player’s personal preference in fighting style. Weather can affect your Goliath as you adventure through a procedurally generated world with different terrains and a day/night cycle. Faction choice will also be an important choice in this world as each one offers different robot and weapon schematics that can be used to in the creation and customization of your Goliaths. Friends can also join the fun in a co-operative campaign or PvP battles can be waged in the arena. Will you try to survive by bringing the factions closer together, or will you promote the war efforts of your aligned faction? The choice is yours.
- Status: Pre-Release
- Release Date: May 12, 2016
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: Whalebox Studio
- Publisher: Viva Media
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, RPG
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux, Steam
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Procedurally generated worlds.
- +PvP arena battles.
- +Weather-affected robots.
- -Biome mechanics can be punishing.
- -Lacked multiplayer at launch.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7/8/10
- CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo, AMD Athlon™ x2 6400+, or equal at 1.6GHz or better
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: nVidia® 8800 GT / AMD® 4670 or faster with 1GB VRAM (Mobile chipsets may not work), DirectX® 9.0c-compliant, SM 3.0-compliant
- HDD: 2 GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Gunz 2: The Second Duel Beta Preview
- After several years of waiting, MAIET Entertainment has finally released their high-action multiplayer shooter for (most of) the world to enjo...
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier - The Official Game Review
- Our Senior Editor takes a look at Captain America: The Winter Soldier - The Official Game, a tactical RPG available for mobile devices.
- Petroglyph Launches Battle For Graxia With New Replay Mode and More
- Petroglyph® today announced that its Free-to-Play Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) game, Battle for Graxia™, has launched with a new ...