Goliath Announces Zander Cannon as Writer
Octopus Tree, a new publisher focused on bringing exceptional indie titles to gamers worldwide, announced today that its premiere action-adventure title, Goliath, features the writing talents of award-winning comics creator Zander Cannon. Cannon worked closely with development team Whalebox Studio to craft the narrative and dialogue in Goliath, an open-world, action-adventure game with crafting and role-playing elements set in a universe where players build and customize massive robots to overcome the challenges they face.
Cannon is the celebrated writer and artist behind the recent hit comic book series Kaijumax, published by Oni Press. His other works include the acclaimed graphic novel Heck, which was nominated for an Eisner Award for Best Graphic Album – Reprint, and won the Lynd Ward Prize for Best Graphic Novel. Cannon also won two Eisner Awards for his work on Top 10 as part of a creative team that included Gene Ha and comics legend Alan Moore.
Zander Cannon’s many accolades include:
- Two Eisner Awards for Top Ten: Best New Series and Best Continuing Series, 2001
- One Eisner nomination for Heck: Best Graphic Novel of Previously Published Material, 2014
- Harvey Award Nomination for Best New Cartoonist, 1996
- Stumptown Comics Award for Heck: Best Cartoonist, 2014
- Lynd Ward Graphic Novel Prize Honor Book, Heck, 2014
“We couldn’t be more thrilled to be working with Zander,” said Jeremy Zoss, Marketing Manager for Octopus Tree. “As a fan of his work for many years, I love the mix of gravity and levity in his stories, and he has brought that same unique blend to Goliath. The work he’s done on the game is exactly what we were hoping for, and we’re super pumped to introduce him to a new audience through the game.”
“I am so excited to be working on Goliath,” said Cannon. “I love video games and I’ve always wanted an opportunity to write one. Fortunately, the Whalebox Studio and Octopus Tree teams and I clicked right away, and I’m very happy with what we’ve produced together.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- MU Legend OBT: PVP Content Arrives Next Week
- As the first month of Open Beta Testing for MU Legend rolls on, WEBZEN is set to release the first content update.
- Epsilon Teases Upcoming Early Access Tests
- Serellan is very excited to let our community get an early look at the game, before it is released on Steam Early Access.
- HIT Global Launch Developer Interview
- We had the chance to speak with Yong-Hyun Park, Creator of HIT, to learn more about this mobile phenomena.